Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

Blazer406 said:
I wondered if that could actually be the case.... but I kept my mouth shut...... I am impressed none-the-less if mid 400's are obtainable with bolt ons and a 61..... I'll probably get a GT6152S at some point..... I've found very little bad from anyone that has actually run this turbo..... I guess the debate is still there if an old school TE61 can make more power at 28-30 psi than the GT6152 is capable of... regardless of boost...... I am very interested to see that......

well @ 19 psi with a ported set of heads and the stock cam i attained 350 RWHP @ 19 psi of boost with 21 degrees of timing on pump gas. mods are in the sig. I really think it's doable. If i only would have gone roller.

With a stock type set-up ( heads.cam) running insane boost levels you might get there.

I seen a bone stock 100k motor in a t with a set of injectors a te-45a a 9/11 3200 stall and a front mount go 6.90's @ 100 in the heat. boost was 31-32 psi to do it tho.

Blazer406 said:
I stand corrected....I am still running the stock turbo... and when I had the stock chip (8 months ago....pre-alky).... it got in the 230's or maybe low 240's gm/sec at 13-14 psi with a stock engine....I never imagined you could double that figure with just bolt-ons :eek: :eek: ...... kinda gets me excited about putting on a bigger turbo...... I really want some 11's before I pull the stock turbo off (boost currently set at 23 psi)..... Currently I am in search of a 1.50 60' time.... that will be a good start......

A good running stock car with exhaust and a k/n fliter will max out the 255 limit @ stock boost levels.

Just broke into the solid 10's....

See signature

85+ degress and 15-20 mph head wind.. I think she may have 10.60's in her..

Attachments

• NMCA_SmallTimeslip.JPG
    NMCA_SmallTimeslip.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,149
F-1 said:
See signature

Nice Run ! :cool:

How much boost were you running and what octane fuel ?

F-1 said:
See signature

Daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn That is the best times I have seen from the newer GT6152 turbos.... more details please....

How much does your car weigh? What have you done to the suspension? What boost do you launch at? You running a wideband? If so.... what a/f ratio? Makes me want to sell some more of my old stuff and pull the trigger on one. Do you have the S cover with the 4" inlet/2-1/2" outlet? What was the temp the day you ran those times?

Congrats on the times.

Blazer406 said:
Daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn That is the best times I have seen from the newer GT6152 turbos.... more details please....

How much does your car weigh? What have you done to the suspension? What boost do you launch at? You running a wideband? If so.... what a/f ratio? Makes me want to sell some more of my old stuff and pull the trigger on one. Do you have the S cover with the 4" inlet/2-1/2" outlet? What was the temp the day you ran those times?

Congrats on the times.

Thanks!

Rear suspension is Bilstein Shocks, UMI non adjustable uppers and lowers (tubular). And That’s it… no airbags.. Stock sway bar… GBODY's upper front control arms in, alum bumper support brackets, no front sway, original shocks up front, and 3.5 alum driveshaft …. Car weighed in without me and just over a ¼ tank @ 3274. (sounded low to me but they assured me the digital scale was accurate)

I tune with a scanmaster and 02's.. No wideband. Usually between 760-780's on the big end. It is the standard GT6152E.. Not sure of launch boost.. I don't look at the guage, I dont think it is much more than 5# if that.

Whose chip? Do you like it? Are you locking the converter? if so....at what speed? Who did your heads? Do you know the flow figures? You are where I want to be at some point..... except with alky and 93 instead of race gas......

Again.... awesome times......

What turbo did you have before this one? How fast did it go?

I am trying to push the stocker on a stock longblock following in Ed Brewers steps..... similar combo to him.....I don't have enough track trips yet to get it out of my combo.... he managed 11.30's on the stock turbo before he took the next step......

Seeing times like yours makes me want to forget about the stocker.....

Any new updates with guys on this turbo.. I think I am going to play around and lose my stock plennum and TB.. maybe go to a PTE and a 65 or 70mm... Then take her back to the track..

Man F1, that's very impressive! I like that video, nice straight run. It's hard to tell from the vid, do you have a rollbar?

Pronto said:
Man F1, that's very impressive! I like that video, nice straight run. It's hard to tell from the vid, do you have a rollbar?

Thanks... The car does not have a rollbar.... Really on the fence about that one..

How are you able to run it then? Do you do a track rental or something like that? They boot you at 11.5 at my local track.

hey guys

hey guys and gals

this video is from BG this yr i drove the car there and i put 1107 miles on her since thurs morning got 23 MPG over the entire trip.

I also couldn't stand it having SloGN at the track and not make a pass or 2

on true street tires(245/60-15's) i made 2 passes. This was @ 20 psi of boost with 3 gallons of 110 to a 1/8 tank of 93 and 21 degrees of timing

run 1

2.03 60FT
7.91 1/8 @ 91.46
12.32 1/4 @ 105.14 MPH car rattled @ 93 mph 9.8 degrees so i got out of it. i think when i tried locking the converter was a no no and caused the knock.

Run 2

2.07 60FT
7.98 1/8 @ 92.78 mph
12.24 1/4 @ 115.09 MPH again @ 20 psi of boost and 21 degrees of timing and i also run the car thru in 3rd gear. with 1.4 degrees of knock.

i really happy that i drove the car there and back and ran a low 12's with street tires and got 23 mpg the entire trip

I did not get a chance to put the roller rockers on the car before i went to BG. i installed them last weekend and i think they may have knocked a tenth off from the seat of the pants dyno :) have not had a chance to get to the track.

The car weighs 3505 with a 1/4 tank of gas

I'm sure there were people laughing @ me for running on street tires and the SloGN tag

BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
http://www.turbomalibu.com/videos/1SloGN.wmv

I see that a few or you are funning 3000 converters and a few of you are 3200+. What is the pros and cons of this? I have the setup in my sig and I ordered alky as well. Should I be getting the 6152 or the 6131? I wat to be abler to go in the 11's maybe mid 11's. Thanks for all the help.