Overeem vs. Brett Rogers video of the fight last night

yup, you make a good point, i can absolutely see fedor subbing brock with a kimura. not real sure why u think keeping ur hips down will stop submissions or sweeps, but it is step one of a long list of things he would need to do to be safe in a world class grapplers gaurd.

If he can keep Fedor's hips grounded, its going to be harder to work for arm bars, sweeps, etc. Yes, he could work for a kimura but that's going to hard to pull off when someone is on top of you in half guard. Not to mention Brock doesnt LnP.. he's going to slamming those canned hams into Fedor's face.

Im not saying Brock is a lock by any means and I call that fight a toss up but you cant write off Brock.. he's tailor made to be a horrible matchup for Fedor. You also really cant compare Randleman and Coleman to Brock.. a BJJ yellow belt could sub either one of those guys.

You ALWAYS seem to forget one thing Jay, all Lesnar has to do is make one little careless mistake and if Fedor gets ahold of a leg or an arm Crock is done for!!! Ask Coleman or Randleman and I'm sure they will tell you the same.

Brock doesnt have the same kind of top game those guys do. When he smashed Mir, he kept Mir's hips flat on the ground and didnt allow any space between him and Mir. It's going to be VERY difficult to pull a sub from that position. You dont have any space to work with and if you can't move your hips, its going to very difficult to set up submissions.

The Brock vs Fedor debate is about as pointless as me wondering what
I would do with a million dollars.

The biggest loss of Fedor's career = Finklestein...

The Brock vs Fedor debate is about as pointless as me wondering what
I would do with a million dollars.

The biggest loss of Fedor's career = Finklestein...

M1 Global + Greatest Mixed Martial Artist ever = EPIC FAIL!!!!

Sadly he will not go down as the greatest due to his $hitty management, they see him as a money cow.... they will not offer him up for the slaughter, once he loses one fight his mystique and drawing power will be history....

This is also how boxing lost it's big appeal....

Well, they're boxed in at this point. He's going to have to fight Ubereem if he fights again in StrikeForce. They're not going to give him another cakewalk because there really isnt another one to give him. You cant go from fighting Werdum to fighting Mike Kyle.

I predict after the Werdum fight, they're going to try to "renegotiate" Fedor's contract again in an effort to avoid Ubereem.

If he can keep Fedor's hips grounded, its going to be harder to work for arm bars, sweeps, etc. Yes, he could work for a kimura but that's going to hard to pull off when someone is on top of you in half guard. Not to mention Brock doesnt LnP.. he's going to slamming those canned hams into Fedor's face.

Im not saying Brock is a lock by any means and I call that fight a toss up but you cant write off Brock.. he's tailor made to be a horrible matchup for Fedor. You also really cant compare Randleman and Coleman to Brock.. a BJJ yellow belt could sub either one of those guys.

mark coleman is an olympic wrestler who has only ever been submitted by really really good guys, well and takada who has sick footlocks. kevin randlemen is just as decorated a wrestler as brock is and the only real surprising submission loss on his record is to cro cop. im not trying to act like im some jiu-jitsu wiz kid because im absolutely not by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no yellow belt in jiu-jitsu, white,blue,purple,brown,black

Well, they're boxed in at this point. He's going to have to fight Ubereem if he fights again in StrikeForce. They're not going to give him another cakewalk because there really isnt another one to give him. You cant go from fighting Werdum to fighting Mike Kyle.

I predict after the Werdum fight, they're going to try to "renegotiate" Fedor's contract again in an effort to avoid Ubereem.

I concur.... RedMob Global... I mean M-1 Global gives a rats a$$ less about involving Fedor in a superfight, they would rather slowly bleed in the money than to hemorrhage in assets and risk damaging their cash cow. The Fedor supporters will continue to give him a cult following, but he will fade into obscurity IMO. I like watching him fight and think his record and body of work speaks for itself as securing his place in MMA, but he has not faced a top tier fighter in a few years.

I concur.... RedMob Global... I mean M-1 Global gives a rats a$$ less about involving Fedor in a superfight, they would rather slowly bleed in the money than to hemorrhage in assets and risk damaging their cash cow. The Fedor supporters will continue to give him a cult following, but he will fade into obscurity IMO. I like watching him fight and think his record and body of work speaks for itself as securing his place in MMA, but he has not faced a top tier fighter in a few years.

i agree that he hasnt faced top tier guys in a lil while. but the main thing people were saying were "oh he cant beat a ufc champion caliber fighter" then he waxed 2 of them back to back. Alot of fans gave sylvia a real chance cuz of his reach, and arlovskis movement and technical boxing was supposed to cause fedor problems. Also the Brett Rogers fight was a cause for concern just based on his huge ko power, his size and his wrestling ability. All these fights are so quickly discredited because all those guys have gone on to look terrible in their next fights. They are still impressive wins.
I just think the guy that all other fighters and alot of ufc champions have named as the greatest fighter in the world deserves his respect.

"Evgeni Kogan, M-1 Global’s Director of Operations says"

Quoted from Sherdog

Fedor Emelianenko and his M-1 Global management team are planning for an extended stay in Los Angeles prior to world’s No. 1 heavyweight’s headlining bout against Fabricio Werdum at Strikeforce M-1 Global “Fedor vs. Werdum” on June 26 in San Jose, Calif.

Pending visa approval, Emelianenko will arrive in Los Angeles just prior to June 16, said Evgeni Kogan, M-1 Global’s Director of Operations. Kogan said the Russian heavyweight will arrive in the U.S. earlier than his usual schedule in an effort to spend more time with stateside fans.

In addition to attending Strikeforce “Los Angeles” on June 16 at the Nokia Theatre, Emelianenko has also been slated to appear with EA Sports at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), an annual video game conference held that same week for the industry’s leading trade professionals at the L.A. Convention Center. EA Sports will release its “EA Sports MMA” video game, featuring Emelianenko, the Strikeforce promotion and a considerable portion of its fighter roster in late 2010.

Meanwhile, Kogan said it’s unlikely that the 33-year-old Emelianenko has watched the recent performance of Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, who stopped Brett Rogers with strikes in his first title defense at Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” on May 15 in St. Louis, Mo.

“Given the usual rituals of Fedor’s trainers, they don’t like him watching (potential) future opponents, or anything violent for that matter in preparation to his fight,” said Kogan.

In Overeem’s post-fight address to the St. Louis crowd, the 30-year-old Dutch fighter stated that M-1 Global had turned down offers to have Emelianenko fight him.

Kogan said those accusations were “categorically untrue” and that Overeem and his Golden Glory team are continuing to “rumor monger” to secure a fight with Emelianenko.

Kogan, who joined M-1 Global’s staff last winter, said that, to his knowledge, an official offer to face Overeem has never been presented to the management team.

“If (Overeem) can point to where Fedor turned down a proposed fight, we’d like to hear it,” said Kogan.

Following the heavyweight champion’s strong performance on May 15, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker voiced his intentions to sit down with M-1 Global following Emelianenko’s bout with Werdum to discuss a title bout. Kogan said his organization, which is co-promoting the June 26 event with Strikeforce, is completely open to talks with its U.S. partner for a potential Overeem-Emelianenko bout.

“His camp is definitely not looking past Werdum,” said Kogan. “They consider him a dangerous opponent. That being said, we have nothing against Overeem as an opponent and we’re completely open to discussing that fight after June 26, if Fedor does well.”

Kogan confirmed that the multi-time Russian Sambo champion hasn’t veered from his usual training regimen in his hometown of Stary Oskol, which is located in an isolated region of southern Russia. The rep said Emelianenko is in final week of the most arduous part of his training.

Strikeforce “Los Angeles” and “Fedor vs. Werdum” will both air live on Showtime.