Out of the loop awhile...

Boostnitup

Hot-Air Turbo Buick Website

I have been away from the Turbo Buick community for awhile. The '84 GN has sat for a considerable period of time following divorce, child custody fight, and a couple relocations... but I won. I got the house back, kept my toys, and am now back into the black beast.

The MSN "Hot-Air" website is still engaged and survived all of the flux. Some of you are the earliest members of that website. Please let me know your "Latest and greatest" and what's up with you.

Much of the earlier technical development/modifications have been depicted/captured and saved on this website.

You have been through hell and survived with you car. That took some work, Always keep TW (the wife) in the dark about our cars and title the car in your name. Get a will as well.

To the point- I can help you with getting your car running. Brad

I'll throw some updated pics of the GN once I get it going again.

Fingers crossed I'll be real close to firing it up this weekend.

It is no longer "Hot-Air" motivated. '87 T-type motor, GN-1 aluminum heads/T&D rocker arms, 60-1 Turbo, 206/206 camshaft, Jack Cotton Front mount intercooler. Pro-pain system, and nitrous.

Here is an early pic:
2035144_1_full.jpg

Factory "Moonroof" car, Digital Dash, Posi rear end

That is a good question...

Somewhere out in the world is a bunch of my missing parts.

D I V O R C E

I suspect someone locally grabbed them and is worrying about me finding out that they indeed still have them. If and when I find out who received them I won't exactly be happy about it. :)

I would think someone in the Turbo Buick community would be forthcoming if they ran into my parts... 14 bolt block with girdle is one such item.

I do prefer to be vague... that way the parts that are in question won't remain hidden forever. Some of the parts are documented. Those parts if seen can be proven to be mine... and will in time be recovered.

Certain parts are Hot-air unique and thus have to be used by someone with a Hot-Air car. It is unfortunate... but someone in the Turbo Buick community is aware of this situation and they took advantage of it. A divorce situation doesn't allow them to keep those parts in as they were demanded to be returned to me. Thus if someone is found with those parts they will be guilty of theft.

My stance is someone is aware of the situation, and eventually someone will come forward to report their knowledge of someone receiving some unusual "Hot-Air" speed parts in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area. I don't wish to point fingers at anyone, or blame someone without having substantiated facts in hand. I encourage the person who may have received these parts to do the right thing and return them to me.

Hint: That girdled block is recorded in more than one Internet location, so is the roller camshaft assembly, so are the solid roller lifters... ect

2035144_91_full.jpg

2035144_90_full.jpg

2035144_89_full.jpg

Almost done... It's still a mess and a work in progress.

Should be able to get it started this weekend. :biggrin:

Good to see ya around!

How is that GTO beast? :biggrin:

I test drove a 2004 and couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week. I was thinking a set of drag radials and a 150 horse shot of nitrous and it would be pure street perfection in automotive form.

Good to see ya around!

How is that GTO beast? :biggrin:

I test drove a 2004 and couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week. I was thinking a set of drag radials and a 150 horse shot of nitrous and it would be pure street perfection in automotive form.

You too!

The GTO is awesome. I bought it about a year and half ago and have loved every minute driving it since... I did pick up some go fast goodies that are waiting installation. I need to get my '84 GN driveable so I can get started on the project. It's not NOS, but I think you'll approve... :biggrin:

Here's what I picked up. It's in two big black boxes sitting in the garage.

APS Intercooled Twin Turbo Pontiac GTO - LS1 & LS2 Engines
gto_3_4_rear.jpg

Oh yeah!

That will definitely work and then some! :biggrin:

It is amazing what the new GTO's are putting down at the track. Even "Stock" they are running high 12's/low 13's with a set of drag radials in Colorado's thin air if they are a 6 speed car. The auto's seem to be running 4 to 6 tenths slower off the manual car's pace.

I wish they'd offer up packaged GTO's with aftermarket exhaust, better gearing, and maybe lightened somewhat.

The Grand National is running....

There is a slight oil leak coming from somewhere up front. Maybe a loose bolt or slightly ajar something or other? :biggrin:

I always seem to forget to tighten the bolts on the mechanical fuel pump block off plate on the timing cover. Leaks like crazy if you don't get 'em. Just a thought.

I overlooked retightening the front lip of the oil pan bolts... Duh :biggrin:

Problem resolved!

Replaced that dreaded rear oil rope seal when the motor was out of the car too. :biggrin:

that'll definitely do it! nice to see it was easy.

Burnout pics or the admins will whack you with the ban stick.