Out of Ideas!

ACLR8R

I have been trying to chase down a problem for a couple of months now and I am about out of ideas. My car is not boosting over about 10lbs, but as soon as I go WOT it pegs the knock guage. I have replaced the computer, the battery, the MAF, i've redone the grounds at the back of the head, and redone all of the fusible links, and checked for wastgate puck alignment. I just dont know where to go from here. If you have any ideas let me know.

some random ideas.

Bad fuel pump
clogged injectors
fuel pressure regulator.

maybe your car is leaning way out.

just some ideas good luck.

John

Pump, injectors, and reg are about a year old. The pressure is right at 40psi line on. I checked the plugs and they look ok.

I'm kinda new to buicks. I have however read about some people whose pumps have gone bad not long after install.

Is your fuel pressure going up 1:1 with your boost?

any chance it could be false knock???

just some ideas. hth

John

My car did this once when the intercooler piping looked tight, but definitly wasnt...car made a horrible noise and wouldnt boost past 10... Get some t-bolt clamps to replace those crappy stock hose clamps if you havent already... then tighten the h3ll out of em. :) HTH

Check to make sure the reference line to the FP regulator isn't plugged or cracked. Also, if you have a vacuum gauge check to see if it pulses while idling as this could be a sign of a wiped cam.

Getting any codes?

yes that was the reason i did the computer, grounds, and fusible links it was throwing a ton of crazy codes like water injection failure, rich, lean, bad ecm, ESC module. I havent checked since I put the fusible links on to see if its still throwing the codes, but its still not running right.

I hope its not a wiped cam, I just put the motor back together from one. I dont think so because the motor itself isnt making noise, and I havent found anything in the oil.

I'll check the filter, reg lines, and intercooler piping. I am pretty sure they are good, but I could have missed something.

I check the boost guage with a Mighty Vac and make sure your boost line is not crimped.

do u know why it is not boosting over 10lbs? thats why i asked what kind of gauge u were using. lowest i could ever set my car was about 12-13lbs. if it pegs the knock gauge right away wouldnt that indicate more of a false knock issue?

I had the same problem and it turned out that my intercooler was cracked at one of the welds. Check it and recheck!

I finally figured it out! I pulled the intercooler out, and pressure tested it and it was fine. So me and a couple of my buddies were just throwing out ideas, and we thought the boost guage could be off. So we took the boost line off from the turbo and blew through it, and heard a leak inside the car. We ended up tracking it down to the alky control box. The little black thing that the boost line hooks to must be cracked, it must be a good side crack because it wasnt whistling. So I plugged off the line and ran the alky with the test button, and problem solved :biggrin: So I just have to get a new box (wanted to upgrade to progressive anyway) and I'm ready for the nice weather thats coming.

Thanks for your suggestions.