Original Kenne-Bell/Ron Cosner-Jim Dalessandro tube chassis Grand National

I heard that there were 3 sets of these heads-Jimmy D had a set, Wayman had a set, and M & A made a spare set .

Ted Waymans company was M&A castings. I remember when it was like pulling teeth to get a pair of castings in the early 90's ted wheeled his car out of the trailer and was using a brand new pair for wheel chocks!

I had a set of the M&A stage III heads on my old GN. Car now owned by (TTA1240) here on the board.

Scot W.

There was only 2 sets of those heads done, I was there. They actually were not much different than the regualr M&A head except some of the cores were left out when they were cast and Jim Ruggles machined those things back in his way. Like the chambers and parts of the runners. Teds motor had twin turbos (60-1) and made around 1170HP at Ruggles. It was supposed to be a street motor and was a bit more mild than the motor for Jim D. which had the big single turbo. Teds motor is still kicking around in the Detroit area.
Mike

best thread ever.

as a kid dreaming about buicks in high school and salivating over the Kenne Bell catalogue with the pics of 'The' white car in it, and reading about Jim D and seeing pics of this car and 'The' white car in all the popular car mags of the day lit the fire that still burns in me today.

this is awsome.

I hope it's not too late for me to "jump in" this thread, but I just happenned to find it now...I remember Jim D and did business with him back when he was in his first shop (an ex-service station) and later at his second shop at 612 Jackson Road in Atco, NJ. He did great work for me and was also a great guy. Unfortunately, at some point, I lost touch with Jim, but the memories are still fresh in my mind! :wink:
I do remember his first '86 white GN which was as good looking as it was fast (I think he was running mid 10's which was mighty quick at the time!) and also his teal Corvette in which he put a Buick V6 in it...
Here are a few pictures I shot myself at Englishtown, NJ around 1990-1991 of Jim's Kenne-Bell sponsored white '86 GN...I still have an old "Buick GS Nationals" (around 1989) VHS video taken at Bowling Green, KY in which Jim wins the fastest turbo class against Jim Fruchey (I think...)
I'd really like to hear from Jim again...so Jim, if you see this post, please e-mail me and it would be a great pleasure to talk with you about the good years we spent playing on our GN's! :cool:

Claude des Trois Maisons

e-mail: toofastforyou@sympatico.ca

It was seeing Jim's white T that made me love the white T's, I was lucky enough in 94 to find an 87 white Limited from Kirban for a great price so I grabbed it. In 16 years I think I put 4K on her and she is pure stock.