Opinions on these mods please.....be honest

Any idea what the actual numbers to be gained may be on a 600hp set up?

There's really very minimal horsepower gain. I did some calculations previously and worked it out, might find it on a search. The biggest gain is going straight from a stock crank pulley with the IC fan on it to a lightweight crank pulley with no fan. All other gains are negligible.

As far as making the car look good, they look sweet! I have a full set of the RJC pulleys on the T.

There's really very minimal horsepower gain. I did some calculations previously and worked it out, might find it on a search. The biggest gain is going straight from a stock crank pulley with the IC fan on it to a lightweight crank pulley with no fan. All other gains are negligible.

As far as making the car look good, they look sweet! I have a full set of the RJC pulleys on the T.

The info is much appreciated. :) Sounds like something I should do when I change the engine for sure.

...set of Champion irons, a 212/212 roller cam, set of 275 60 drag radials.. stretch stock location IC, leave the bottom end stock(pistons, crank, rods, etc) an alky kit, matching chip.. car will purrrr like a kitten.. runs low 11's at 20-21 PSI boost.. and the drivability will make you want to drive the car everywhere.

While I like the bigger turbo's(who doesnt) for a street car that "gets it" done... nothing like a smaller turbo and roller cam. No lag.. no need to spool it up.. mash and go.

Food for thought.

Julio why do you suggest the Champion irons?

hahaha. Come on, don't hate on my Supra. --Can't we all just get along?-- :tongue:
Believe me, there is no hate intended. I do appreciate the time, $, and effort people put into their cars...
But, to show off a supra on a TurboBuick forum...
That's like bringing a blowup doll to a supermodel convention. :eek:

(Again, no hate intended):p

Food for thought.

Julio why do you suggest the Champion irons?

Becuase they are stronger and can handle detonation better. Aluminum is a soft metal and not very forgiving. Irons on a 109 have been 9.5's at 145.

Look at the "Melissa" combo.. that will be the jist of the post. Irons, SLIC, pump gas, stock ecm, drag radials, full weight.. runs 9's at 138+.

Scotts car from vegas is another one.. in the 9's as well. But what do we know..

This thread started with a guy that has a few race cars wanting a street car. Turns into he wants another race car. Its ok.. its all about choices.. that line in the sand once crossed.. is crossed. :D

I'm out.. popcorn ready ;)

Becuase they are stronger and can handle detonation better. Aluminum is a soft metal and not very forgiving. Irons on a 109 have been 9.5's at 145.

Look at the "Melissa" combo.. that will be the jist of the post. Irons, SLIC, pump gas, stock ecm, drag radials, full weight.. runs 9's at 138+.

Scotts car from vegas is another one.. in the 9's as well. But what do we know..

This thread started with a guy that has a few race cars wanting a street car. Turns into he wants another race car. Its ok.. its all about choices.. that line in the sand once crossed.. is crossed. :D

I'm out.. popcorn ready ;)

Actually I'm not looking for a race car. I want a street car that be driveable, hook up well on the street, and still run solid mid 10's should I take it to the track. Just a solid, well built street car that can hold it's own if it ever sees the strip. :D Just because it runs race gas most of the time, doesn't mean I'd call it a race car. ;)

With all due respect, I don't really want to get into that. I pretty much stopped posting on some other car forums because everyone asks that and it turns into a big pissing contest with haters coming out of the woodwork, etc.....I'm just a car enthusiast who life has been good to. I'd prefer to leave it at that if you don't mind. :)

I smell a lawyer... :p

I think a lot of people are confusing a weekend street car with a daily driver. My garage queen is full of 110 with alky and ET Drags on it right now!!

I think a lot of people are confusing a weekend street car with a daily driver. My garage queen is full of 110 with alky and ET Drags on it right now!!

Yea, I definitely don't intend to drive this car every day. Just a weekend streeter or a car I can take and drive around without having to work too hard to drive it.

Actually I'm not looking for a race car. I want a street car that be driveable, hook up well on the street, and still run solid mid 10's should I take it to the track. Just a solid, well built street car that can hold it's own if it ever sees the strip. :D Just because it runs race gas most of the time, doesn't mean I'd call it a race car. ;)

IMO - a street car should run 93 with alky and DRs :biggrin:

With all due respect, I don't really want to get into that. I pretty much stopped posting on some other car forums because everyone asks that and it turns into a big pissing contest with haters coming out of the woodwork, etc.....I'm just a car enthusiast who life has been good to. I'd prefer to leave it at that if you don't mind. :)

With all due respect, you are not dealing with a younger crowd here. in fact there are several very wealthy members here. It's really nothing new.

Just have a scroll though the GNX section, you'll see what I mean.

Further to that, anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence can do a quick search and find the pissing contest you speak of..

Not cool.

I can assure you that will not happen here.

Our motto is "Going fast with Class" :biggrin:

Glad Life has been good to you. Even more pleased you Chose Turbo Buicks as a hobby. At least we can see the dream through guys like you...

With all due respect, you are not dealing with a younger crowd here. in fact there are several very wealthy members here. It's really nothing new.

Just have a scroll though the GNX section, you'll see what I mean.

Further to that, anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence can do a quick search and find the pissing contest you speak of..

Not cool.

I can assure you that will not happen here.

Our motto is "Going fast with Class" :biggrin:

Glad Life has been good to you. Even more pleased you Chose Turbo Buicks as a hobby. At least we can see the dream through guys like you...

Frankly I think that's most of the problem elsewhere. Too many kids involved. Lambo and GN forums tend to be actual adults. ;) As for the Turbo Buicks, I have ALWAYS loved this car. From the time I was a kid we drooled over the Grand Nationals and I recall a dealership called kasch fine cars in oak lawn IL. It was about a 35 min trek from where I lived but we would go down there just to stare at the GN's. Kasch would always have at least 3-4 GN's on his lot at all times. They have been the object of my affection since WELL before I was old enough to drive. :D

Frankly I think that's most of the problem elsewhere. Too many kids involved. Lambo and GN forums tend to be actual adults. ;) As for the Turbo Buicks, I have ALWAYS loved this car. From the time I was a kid we drooled over the Grand Nationals and I recall a dealership called kasch fine cars in oak lawn IL. It was about a 35 min trek from where I lived but we would go down there just to stare at the GN's. Kasch would always have at least 3-4 GN's on his lot at all times. They have been the object of my affection since WELL before I was old enough to drive. :D

Glad those seeds were planted. I have a simular storey, we are close in age...
Some of the old guys here bought their GN's NEW!

I can't believe you don't have a GNX. but then again, it's a sin to cut those up. I think you would see some hate over that... :tongue:

Are you planning to attend any Buick events?

Check this site for turbo threads, the 6776 bb with stock bottom ends are going in the tens with bolt ons and a good tranny. Since $ does not seem like a problem get the turbo now! ALKY IS THE WAY FOR THE STREET!!!

If your planning to run mid 10's you will want to add a heady duty driveshaft to your shopping list. My car has made a few 10 sec passes and I've found that the trans/driveshaft yoke has twisted. Now I have Moser axles and a Moser driveshaft on order.

Glad those seeds were planted. I have a simular storey, we are close in age...
Some of the old guys here bought their GN's NEW!

I can't believe you don't have a GNX. but then again, it's a sin to cut those up. I think you would see some hate over that... :tongue:

Are you planning to attend any Buick events?

I'd feel like I was swearing in church to cut up a GNX. I certainly appreciate the desire to own such a rare automobile, but I would never leave it stock and it would end up just LOOKING like a GNX. I think the Legend deserves better than to be cut to pieces.

As for Buick events, to be honest with you, I haven't really looked into that. I'm just trying to get my cars done and the way I want them, then I will come up for air and figure out what the rest of the year looks like. Hopefully I can, at some point.

Check this site for turbo threads, the 6776 bb with stock bottom ends are going in the tens with bolt ons and a good tranny. Since $ does not seem like a problem get the turbo now! ALKY IS THE WAY FOR THE STREET!!!

I've really been checking it out due to the suggestions in this thread. I REALLY appreciate how you guys have taken the time to help me out since I'm still very new with these cars. I think I'm going to have Jack Cotton do an engine for this car for me. I spoke with him this week about it.

If your planning to run mid 10's you will want to add a heady duty driveshaft to your shopping list. My car has made a few 10 sec passes and I've found that the trans/driveshaft yoke has twisted. Now I have Moser axles and a Moser driveshaft on order.

Good info. If you could provide some info as to where to obtain these, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Google Moser Axles. They're big business in the drag racing world. You can purchase directly from Moser.