only one tire spends on my rear end, does anyone know what happened, i need help

i dont have positive traction anymore, does anyone know what could have happened

What type of lubricant do you have in the rearend?

If you have an Eaton posi unit, they do not want you to use synthetic lubricant.

i dont know, i think it is stock. i just bought the car and this is my first gn. im new to them, the whole car is suppose to be stock. but the owner told me that i just went out and he did change fluid in it though.

[but the owner told me that i just went out and he did change fluid in it though.[/quote]

I don't understand this comment. Did you mean to say that he told you the unit just went out and that he had changed the fluid?

Are you certain that the posi unit was working when you got the car?

If so, I'd call the seller and ask what type of lubricant did he put in it?

no it wasnt working when i got it, just wondering what it could be, someone said it maybe clutches? can the wrong fluid cause it to do that

no it wasnt working when i got it, just wondering what it could be, someone said it maybe clutches? can the wrong fluid cause it to do that

All GN's did not have posi-traction rear end. Affectionately know as "peg legs".

Somebody other than me will need to tell you how to physically check the unit.

if it is a posi (G80) & he did change the fluid, he made not have used the correct fluid
you can get positraction additive & see if it fixes it before spending $$$
Do_O

Easy way to check: jack up the rear, both tires off the ground. Be sure the car is in Park. By hand, try to turn one of the back wheels. If it turns very easily and the opposite tire spins the other direction, it's an open rear. If there is resistance but you can still turn it, then it has posi but it's shot. With a healthy posi, you should not be able to turn either wheel at all. In fact, on my car I'm able to torque the lugs to 80 ft/lb while the wheels are off the ground.

Easy way to check: jack up the rear, both tires off the ground. Be sure the car is in Park. By hand, try to turn one of the back wheels. If it turns very easily and the opposite tire spins the other direction, it's an open rear. If there is resistance but you can still turn it, then it has posi but it's shot. With a healthy posi, you should not be able to turn either wheel at all. In fact, on my car I'm able to torque the lugs to 80 ft/lb while the wheels are off the ground.

Well, you were that "somebody".:) Glad you gave him that advice.

I put Royal Purple in mine because the guys in GMHTP did it. It took several years but it finally got where it wouldn't hold at the track with slicks but still left a great pair of snake trails with DR's. Finally got a new Eaton unit and had provided Royal Purple for it. The guy switching it out for me called me and read the warning label from Eaton. He ended up cleaning the unit and it works well on a lower powered car.

See you're getting in some good times with 93/94 fuel. Pretty impressive.