Old School BMX'ers?

Profile junky here... I raced one back in the '80's in PA & NJ, sponsored by our local bike shop, Action Wheels...

Now I'm building a couple Profile's for my boys...

K.

Attachments

• Pic-Keith.jpg
    Pic-Keith.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 157
  • e9e2_1.jpg
    e9e2_1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 176
I was into BMX racing too. Had a mongoose when I was 7 around 1977. Then in 1982 I moved up to the big leagues with a PK Ripper. I wanted that bike SOOOO bad, I had to trade 2 yes 2 birthdays AND 2 christmas' to get it. The total cost was $ 545 so that's what I used as my plate number the first year that I raced it. Did pretty good too. Won races it the NBL and the USBA before retiring for a life of cars. Wish I had that bike back. It was candy red with chrome landing gear forks. haven't seen one in that color of red before other than mine. Wish I could find another.

Dave Fiscus

Anyone have any old freestyle magazines with some articles they could post? I would really be interested in seeing some of those.

Anyone have any old freestyle magazines with some articles they could post? I would really be interested in seeing some of those.

My mom could probably dig up some old X-rays from E.R. visits for stitches and elbows and such, but no magazines. She was soooo glad when those days were over. Until she saw my 800 horse Pro Street car when it was done. Her exact words," You will never be satisfied until you kill yourself on or in something that you built!!!" Well mom, made it to 40...and counting

This thread is "Totally RAD, DUDE..." OMG...remember the movie RAD??? Nichole Kidman was in it.

Coach

I would have to find it, but there is a link somewhere which lets you look at most of the old mags as pdf pages. I'm going to post a pic of my little collection, nothing big, but some old frames.

March2010 003.jpg Custom training wheels , the bolt thru the hole steels werent cuting it..Razor wheels work much better with the double bearings

This is a lousy pic of my small collection. In the back, frames are GT, Haro, Diamond Back, Schwinn Predator, Team Murray, Redline, Hutch. Pink Hutch is my daughters with small uni seat, mini bars, 1.5" rims, mine is my old Patterson with Ambrosio rims, Sugino (cheap) cranks, the Haro plate is Harry Learys actual plate from 81 or 82.

Attachments

• bikes1.JPG
    bikes1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 234
The Schwinn Sting is probably worth a ton. I havent seen one of those for 25 years. I was friends with Steven Koosh. He was a factory Schwinn rider thru the mid 80's. I watched him race at Stow Ohio inthe War of the Stars. He was really good. His Sting was the lightest bike I ever rode.

Coach

A friend of mine got a Schwinn Sting about a month before a got my PK Ripper. After he got his bike I just had to have the PK. I wouldn't shut up about it day and night. Anyway, she finally caved in just to shut me up I think. If only I could go back to those days!

Dave Fiscus

My mom could probably dig up some old X-rays from E.R. visits for stitches and elbows and such, but no magazines. She was soooo glad when those days were over. Until she saw my 800 horse Pro Street car when it was done. Her exact words," You will never be satisfied until you kill yourself on or in something that you built!!!" Well mom, made it to 40...and counting

This thread is "Totally RAD, DUDE..." OMG...remember the movie RAD??? Nichole Kidman was in it.

Coach
Nicole Kidman was in BMX Bandits, the Australian flick....Rad was Lori Laughlin. I still have both on VHS.
Funny toi go back and see those now, such crap acting and prod quality....and the 80s sound effects everytime someone jumps....classic.

Nicole Kidman was in BMX Bandits, the Australian flick....Rad was Lori Laughlin. I still have both on VHS.
Funny toi go back and see those now, such crap acting and prod quality....and the 80s sound effects everytime someone jumps....classic.

Yah, thats old age...or too many falls on my bike ramp! Hard to tell. You are talking about the acting and quality. I remember watching Monster Movie Theater on Saturday afternoons, WOW what a difference in todays movies.

Tell me this would not be a HUGE BLOCKBUSTER HIT!!! Take all todays effects technology and screenwriting. Now make a Killer GIANTmonster movie from Japan, but still use the "Dubbed" english voices where the words dont match what their mouths are saying...Oh my god would that be the funniest movie ever??? Just one of my twisted ideas...Im going back to work on the car.

Coach

This thread is great! Some of you guys have really nice collections. I, personally, have never raced, but I have ridden for quite a few years. I just stuck to park and a lot of street. Heres my current bike(which rots in my living room now, I can't ride anymore :()

IMG0007A.jpg

IMG0006A.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, All I have is my phone right now....