Old School BMX'ers?

Richie,

Killer collection man!! When I posted this thread I was wondering just how long it was going to take you to chime in...

Scot W.

My bike was a little new 97' Mongoose Supergoose, I was 13 and was supposed to race in miami but it was hard to make it up from the keys. I used to ride that thing to key west from over 30 miles away. Put at least a thousand miles on that thing and will never sell it. One day I will rebuild and may hand it down. I love the PK's, Robinsons' and always wanted those or an ELF, never heard of a Hutch, before my time.

my frst bike was a redline proline then i had a gt world tour and my last one was a chromed out haro. got that bike for free, ended up giving it to my brother who sold it for 50 bucks but kept the rims. i wanted to kill him. loved doing freestyle on the gt and the haro

Damn, I always wanted a Hutch /Mike Hollywood Miranda style.

My favorite bike was a Diamond Back Formula that I pimped out.
Bear Claw pedals, Uni Seat, upgrade brakes and plate!
I also had a Haro Team Master later.
The cranks on that bike sucked donkey!

I used to frame stand down our street at like 30 mph, thank God nobody pulled out of their driveway real fast...

Back in 1985 or 86 a Hutch Pro Star was $650 complete. That's a lotta coin for a bike back then. What a work of art tho. Got one for my 13th birthday and was the happiest day of my life so far.

We had a 10 foot half pipe in my buddys back yard as well with an 8 ft. platform on top. I rode my Skyway on that for tricks. Buddy broke his leg in two places and that was the end of our free style days. We were 15 and cars were starting to interest us more. What memories tho.

Wow
those were the days. No responsibilties.

I took my BMX bike apart every winter and stored it in my bedroom closet until spring.

Mongoose Expert series for me. I remember my Grandpa paid for half of the bike for me. Modified it up over the years I owned it. GT goose neck, Tange TRX forks ETC. Seemed like I gave it a new image every spring which included the latest fashionable Zap Pads and a New number plate with some stickers that had some morally incorrect statements:biggrin:.

BMX racing was a blast. I got interested in cars when Freestyle was becoming popular.

You still have that Pro Star, they are worth thousands now complete.

I have a Patterson and a pink Hutch for the old, and 2008 24" redline flight for the new

I still have my race bike gt mach one color black. I wished they were still race tracks around. I would get back in it on a heart beat. I did mountain biking for a while but sold it like to get another bike but i notice a lot of these new bikes are made from china.ill post pics of my bike soon. I let my son beat it up now.

Al

Brings back some memories, I never raced BMX's but my neighbor in alabama did back in the early-mid 80's, he always had some Redline or Hutch bikes laying around. I can remember watching the BMX races on tv though, guys like Stu Thompson, or at least that's what I thought his name was, raced for Redline then Murray.

I spent alot back in the day at sundance cycle.I had a race real light but real weak.I had a red line rl20 .I miss my ripper.I traded my Gt Pro performer for a corvette engine in 1989. Still have my quadangle in basement . Have a Gt backwoods that i ride during the summer.
I cant catch my daughter on a 20 inch bike anymore.I need gears:biggrin:

Holy crap this thread brings back memories. I had a generic frame with Tange TX1200 forks, Snake Belly tires on Tuff-wheel 2s. Goose Neck and Oakley grips. Wow, where did that come from?

This is my Nephew age 4 just like my brother and I started:cool:this is his first season DK tracer mini.

yep those were the days. Kids don't seem to get into this stuff anymore.

Just one question. How many bricks can you guys bunny hop? I think i got over 8 one time. My bro got over a dozen. We even built a quarter pipe (he was about 14ish at the time) with scrap wood in our neighbors back yard with a long driveway leading up to it.

how much are the 401 flight cranks worth? I have a set on a GT Mach 1 I gave to my nephew a few years back.

Bike was all we did growing up. My all time favorite was the Skyway T/A. It got stolen. Powerlite bars, Araya or Ukai rims with Suzi hubs? Then we had a Kuwahara.

I have a copy of Rad on my ipod video right now.

We would bunny hop over mailboxes, I cracked my PK Ripper at front gusset we had a dirt 1/4 pipe and at the top we would jump over milk crates I cleared 10 and snapped my frame , My last race BMX was a Mongoose pro class black chrome,1'' 3/8 wheels, 401 Flightcranks, DK neck... 21 lbs I rode everyday!!

Back in 1985 or 86 a Hutch Pro Star was $650 complete. That's a lotta coin for a bike back then.

I had one as well! (still have about 50% of it.)
I raced from age 13-18, and again 23-25. I was a state champ one year, placed at National events and will die loving BMX to my core. I was always the smallest guy in my class, so at 18 expert when everyone was big and burly I was on a small bike w/ 1 3/8 rims and the smallest lightest parts I could get (including the above mentioned Uni seat). If I had more size things would have been far different. My career ended when I broke a few vertebrae on my cruiser... at 25 that was a long recovery, no more 6-8 weeks off the bike, that was 12 months.

I had one as well! (still have about 50% of it.)
I raced from age 13-18, and again 23-25. I was a state champ one year, placed at National events and will die loving BMX to my core. I was always the smallest guy in my class, so at 18 expert when everyone was big and burly I was on a small bike w/ 1 3/8 rims and the smallest lightest parts I could get (including the above mentioned Uni seat). If I had more size things would have been far different. My career ended when I broke a few vertebrae on my cruiser... at 25 that was a long recovery, no more 6-8 weeks off the bike, that was 12 months.
Yea, owning a Hutch Pro Star was like a GNX for kids.....:D

I never liked the geometry of the Hutch pro star, Had one didn't like it All my frames were made for me.Also always ran a 43/17 gear for holeshot off the gate.

my current ride:
DSCN0569.jpg

some I have built over the last two years:
custom one-off Patterson replica by Standard Bykes
avalanche.jpg

Rebel racing
DSCN0225.jpg

Supercross Nomura replica:

DSCN0132.jpg

Retro PK
pk.jpg

Retro GHP
IMG_0451.jpg

1stturnedit.jpg

Nice bikes! They all have beartraps? Can you still get them, Looks like a race lace on the wheels?