Old School BMX'ers?

In June there is a huge vintage show in Rockford Ill. Swap meet and dinner with Scot Breithaupt on Friday, show and banquet on Saturday. Stu Thomsen was there last year.

Most of those are Crupi pedals, I had OG Hutch pedals on the GHP but sold them for 500 shortly after pics. You can get Hutch pedals again, but there have been big problems with the shafts breaking on the new ones. DansComp has them online for like 200 bucks. Bullseye is making really, really nice beartraps now, they are usually on Ebay for around 200.

seems like most of us were in BMX

i raced my hutch pro raider with Z rims, uni seat and alot of upgrades. did ok, not alot of trophy's but i had to give it up to my brother when my mom bought me a car for my 16th b day. he had it stolen within a month, made me so mad because i worked part time and put alot of month into it with 3 pc cranks, good shimano brakes, and well you get the pic. i loved that bike, we have a few tracks we'd frequent but after i cracked my collar bone on a setup jump and by the time it healed i was 16 i had to give my bike to my brother. no pics of it, but it was a great bike, not top of the line but it didn't had to be it's the rider, nothing gave me a bigger rush then racing or even praticing on a good track. had a buddy who had a half pipe and i tried it a few times but couldn't stick the landing. one good thing about one of the tracks here was it was on the edge of lake worth and we'd go lake jumping with a ramp that would launch you like a missle. talk about some good old days, nothing like a good day of lake jumping and then taking the bikes home to tear them down to prevent rust along with your buddies.

Pro Star frame was the same frame as the Pro Racer, but selected for the best chrome

This was the stuff in my neighborhood ! 5 speed with the much needed raised white letter slik ! (helps it hook harder...;))

Attachments

• P1010332.jpg
    P1010332.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 185
Yup, any value to this frame? I have on sitting w/ profile sealed BB in it.

It's worth a few hundred bucks, hard to say about a Pro Star. You have anything besides just the frame?
The big money maker frames are Judge and Hollywood frames. A Judge frame and fork can go for over 1000. Aerospeed cranks go for 1000 to 1500. Pedals go for 200 to 600 depending on condition. Pro bars fetch a few hundred, cruiser bars usually more. Mag hubs are rare and bring a good price. Stems go for around 150 to 250. Grips get several hundred. Seat post clamps about 75 to a hundred. Pro racer frames and forks are kinda plentiful and don't bring top dollar unless it's a rare piece.
The guy who bought the Hutch rights is making decal sets, pads and pedals again. There was a problem with the pedal shaft breaking, but supposedly that is fixed. There are supposed to be cranks and stems on the way, but he promised them in July of last year and nobody has got them yet.

Back in 1985 or 86 a Hutch Pro Star was $650 complete. That's a lotta coin for a bike back then. What a work of art tho. Got one for my 13th birthday and was the happiest day of my life so far.

We had a 10 foot half pipe in my buddys back yard as well with an 8 ft. platform on top. I rode my Skyway on that for tricks. Buddy broke his leg in two places and that was the end of our free style days. We were 15 and cars were starting to interest us more. What memories tho.

Brett, we must be brothers from a different mother:eek:. Lord of the Rings, HUTCH bikes, Turbo Buicks...I bet we could hang out and never run out of **** to talk about:D. What sports teams do you follow???

Coach

Pro Stars are high dollar, I only saw one once for sale for $600, it didnt last long. I wish I got it. Condition is a big part, I dont think you can buy the stickers.

Pro Stars are high dollar, I only saw one once for sale for $600, it didnt last long. I wish I got it. Condition is a big part, I dont think you can buy the stickers.

I went to HUTCH.com the other day. They still sell decals and some other items for 80's models.

1986 robinson try to ride on the rollers every day

Attachments

• _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00060.jpg
    _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00060.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 150
Wow, that one pro star decal went for $200. I didnt see them on the website, he can probably make them, but too many people would put them on pro racers. One thing that amazes me is what the dia compe seat clamps sell for, $50 & up, I think they were $3 new.

Be careful buying anything off the Hutch website. He started taking orders for the cranks and stems early last year, and promised them by July of last year. Nobody has gotten them yet, and if you cancel your order he charges a 100 dollar re-stocking fee. The only thing he actually has is stickers, pads and pedals.

Brett, we must be brothers from a different mother:eek:. Lord of the Rings, HUTCH bikes, Turbo Buicks...I bet we could hang out and never run out of **** to talk about:D. What sports teams do you follow???

Coach
lol... I use to like the Celtics but that was when Bird was around. Still waiting for the next great white hope.....:D

This was the stuff in my neighborhood ! 5 speed with the much needed raised white letter slik ! (helps it hook harder...;))

Now that was my Generation. I remember the bully of the neighborhood had a Raliegh CHOPPER or SCHWIN purple krate????.. It had a small wheel up front, a short sissy bar, a slick rear tire, wierd seat and a cool black shifter. Hey it was 1968 I was 9 and stoned from leftover weed smoke from the hippies in the hood.

I was PRE BMX when I had my car and was at the drag strip at 16.

snake belly tires, cobra grips, mag wheels, z rims, its all coming back to me now..best i had was a "track certified" team murray but kept me busy "till the street lights came on"