okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

That car has been on craigslist down here in FL for atleast a year maybe 2. Do not accept that thing. Car is maybe worth $1500 IMO. He def is a scammer dirt bag. Goodluck and sorry to hear about this.

HOLY CRAP!!!!:eek: thats an expensive lesson! i wish you would have surfed turbobuick.com first.... especially with the bad economy there are/were a lot of really nice cars for sale.

aaron

I feel for you. I've got a brother who's been thrown off of e-bay a zillion times for ripping off people. He bought a Land Rover for $3500.00 off of some guy, 3 hours away. The thing blew up less that 10 miles from the sellers' shop. he had to get it towed home. he ended up selling it for $500.00 on e-bay after putting in another $800.00 trying to get it fixed. some times Karma, is the only justise. Good Luck

I agree you paid waaayyy too much for something with cancer and the other issues. Especially when you could buy a decent 86-87 for that kind of coin right now. Also unless you just refuse to travel some I don't see how you could think "I can't find an 86-87." They're out there. Looks like you got jaded and bought on impulse, now have buyers remorse. Never buy a car sight unseen, regardless of how good it looks in the pics or what the owner tells you. And never buy a car after inspecting it in the dark. Yes I made this mistake once when I was 17, traded my broke down Ford truck or an Olds Cutlass that needed even more work than my truck did. Lesson learned.

HOLY CRAP!!!!:eek: thats an expensive lesson! i wish you would have surfed turbobuick.com first.... especially with the bad economy there are/were a lot of really nice cars for sale.

aaron

i searched this site, the "other" buick site that kinda has the same name, and a few others. i checked AutoTrader, Craigslist, etc.

all were either:

1. out of my price range
2. sold
3. i got no replies
4. the car was far enough and owner wasn't willing to ship

etc, etc.

I agree you paid waaayyy too much for something with cancer and the other issues. Especially when you could buy a decent 86-87 for that kind of coin right now. Also unless you just refuse to travel some I don't see how you could think "I can't find an 86-87." They're out there. Looks like you got jaded and bought on impulse, now have buyers remorse. Never buy a car sight unseen, regardless of how good it looks in the pics or what the owner tells you. And never buy a car after inspecting it in the dark. Yes I made this mistake once when I was 17, traded my broke down Ford truck or an Olds Cutlass that needed even more work than my truck did. Lesson learned.

* i know i paid too much, but i appreciate the confirmation.
* show me a nice '86-87 in that price range, in my area so that i could inspect in person, during the time i was shopping for a car. there were none.
* bought on impulse? hardly. i researched the car as well as i could via DMV, ebay's "vehicle history report", etc. i even emailed previous buyers of vehicles from the guy. i did research for about two weeks. hardly impulse.
* buyer's remorse is when you buy something, then change your mind. not buy something and find out it's not what you purchased. if you order a brand new, extra-large jacket but receive a used small one, you want your money back. is that buyer's remorse?
*i know the rules for buying a car.

did you read my posts above?

as much as you would like to imply that i was just stupid and blind during this whole ordeal, luckily for me the courts see it different.

* i know i paid too much, but i appreciate the confirmation.
* show me a nice '86-87 in that price range, in my area so that i could inspect in person, during the time i was shopping for a car. there were none.
* bought on impulse? hardly. i researched the car as well as i could via DMV, ebay's "vehicle history report", etc. i even emailed previous buyers of vehicles from the guy. i did research for about two weeks. hardly impulse.
* buyer's remorse is when you buy something, then change your mind. not buy something and find out it's not what you purchased. if you order a brand new, extra-large jacket but receive a used small one, you want your money back. is that buyer's remorse?
*i know the rules for buying a car.

did you read my posts above?

as much as you would like to imply that i was just stupid and blind during this whole ordeal, luckily for me the courts see it different.

Yes I read your posts above. I also know you've been looking for a car for a short time now. Sorry if I read you wrong but it looked to me like some impatience.

I found this one, it's an 85 but it has an 86-87 engine, it looks dirty and the trunk lock is missing....but it's cheaper than what you paid...did you look at this one?

buick grand national

Also how far from Fresno are/were you willing to travel?

Yes I read your posts above. I also know you've been looking for a car for a short time now. Sorry if I read you wrong but it looked to me like some impatience.

I found this one, it's an 85 but it has an 86-87 engine, it looks dirty and the trunk lock is missing....but it's cheaper than what you paid...did you look at this one?

buick grand national

Also how far from Fresno are/were you willing to travel?

looks pretty rough. mine looked better in pictures, but at least i could have gone to look the one you posted. also, the ad you linked to was placed on March 14. i purchased my car on March 5. didn't do me much good then.
i've been searching on THIS site for a relatively short time. it doesn't mean i've been on this forum the entire time i was trying to buy a GN.

You did nothing wrong....its the sneaky sellers that are in the wrong. I have been in your exact position 2 times now buying over the net. I have a car coming from Oklahoma next week I purchased solely on the sellers word and quite a few pictures. "fingers crossed" LOL Most of the time all is well, but you always run the chance of getting a real screwing. I have bought some nice cars online and have been very happy. It sounds to me in your particular case you were just flat out lied to. If you don't get your money back you will just have to chalk this one up as lesson learned and experience for future purchases. Fix up the GN the best you can and either move it and take the loss or just drive it. It's still a GN and will get as many complements and droolers as the 86-87's do.

You did nothing wrong....its the sneaky sellers that are in the wrong. I have been in your exact position 2 times now buying over the net. I have a car coming from Oklahoma next week I purchased solely on the sellers word and quite a few pictures. "fingers crossed" LOL Most of the time all is well, but you always run the chance of getting a real screwing. I have bought some nice cars online and have been very happy. It sounds to me in your particular case you were just flat out lied to. If you don't get your money back you will just have to chalk this one up as lesson learned and experience for future purchases. Fix up the GN the best you can and either move it and take the loss or just drive it. It's still a GN and will get as many complements and droolers as the 86-87's do.

we'll see how it goes. i'm stuck with the car, which i don't mind. i just don't like how much i paid.
i feel i did nothing wrong, though a member here likes to give me a hard time and imply it's all my fault. courts don't think so.
i sought free counsel offered by the civil court system in my county. i'm told my case is pretty cut and dry. all i need is the ad and pictures of the car. they completely contradict each other. i'll keep ya'll updated.

so.. the car is mine. i decided to make the best of it. i showed it to my son and he is very excited. being 11yrs old, he says, "that's the car from Fast and Furious!!". LOL well. yeah. i like the look of that car. it's classic 80's stock car and i decided to go that route. it looks great and my sons is super stoked. that's where the idea for the wheels and tires i installed came from. plus, we talked for a bit to Paul Walker at a Time Attack event once. put all that together and my kid is pretty geeked out. i can't tell you how happy that makes me.
so.., it's gonna be an EXPENSIVE project.. but we're very excited to get started. i'll be pulling apart all the stuff i need to get the car back to stock, get it running right, replacing the doors and trunk, then painting.

we have our work cut out for us. :)

I like the rims.

yeah. i stole the idea from the movie. but i think they f***king rock. i'm very happy with the way it came out.

we'll see how it goes. i'm stuck with the car, which i don't mind. i just don't like how much i paid.
i feel i did nothing wrong, though a member here likes to give me a hard time and imply it's all my fault. courts don't think so.
i sought free counsel offered by the civil court system in my county. i'm told my case is pretty cut and dry. all i need is the ad and pictures of the car. they completely contradict each other. i'll keep ya'll updated.

so.. the car is mine. i decided to make the best of it. i showed it to my son and he is very excited. being 11yrs old, he says, "that's the car from Fast and Furious!!". LOL well. yeah. i like the look of that car. it's classic 80's stock car and i decided to go that route. it looks great and my sons is super stoked. that's where the idea for the wheels and tires i installed came from. plus, we talked for a bit to Paul Walker at a Time Attack event once. put all that together and my kid is pretty geeked out. i can't tell you how happy that makes me.
so.., it's gonna be an EXPENSIVE project.. but we're very excited to get started. i'll be pulling apart all the stuff i need to get the car back to stock, get it running right, replacing the doors and trunk, then painting.

we have our work cut out for us. :)

yeah. i stole the idea from the movie. but i think they f***king rock. i'm very happy with the way it came out.

If your son is excited i think that right there is worth the mess. You guys will have alot of memories fixing it up and spending tons of time together. Priceless!!!!!

Id sue him for damages .That car is worth between 1500-2500 you can sue for 5 k.maybe small claims .the problem is in most states it is buyer beware as is sale .however you need to get your stuff together and document everything about his add .I would also look into if it was truely a florida car .I doubt it due to the severe rust on the doors.I know someone that advertised a ford mustang as as 428 ad sold the car .It was a 390 with 428 heads and the buyer sued my buddy .He had to pay the buyer 3 grand for damages because he misreresented the car.Id start with an a letter from a lawyer.I would also bug the F out of ebay and paypal and go crazy on their a$$.Id call every day .Dont settle dude you were ripped off.Let the seller know you are seeking legal advice and planning on persueing a lawsuit.You cant leave negitive feedback but you can leave pos and tell in the description you were scammed with a rusted out POS
here is paypals phone numbers Ask me how I know.Get a free long distance plan and go Fncrazy on there A$$!!!!!!!!!!
PayPal Phone Numbers

Man, wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for all the rust.

Have you been in touch with the seller? Whats his take?

I'd dump it like it is an take the bath now. You can try getting $$$ back from the guy but it is a 25+ year old car. I feel you will throw good $$$ away chasing him in court. Can't get blood from a stone. He said he has sold a few cars.. Is he a dealer??
I don't feel so bad now throwing away $4/500 I wasted to go to Fl looking at an original 19kmile car :eek:

here is the feedback he got for the same car he also sold an 87 GN for 6500
5 STAR Golden Man. Forgiving/Honest/Sincere-- US Marine Veteran-"No SupriseXXXX Member id grampybandit ( Feedback Score Of 17) Mar-03-11 11:55
Buick : Grand National (#290535362758) US $6,250.01 View Item Buick : Grand National

I agree

This looks like fraud to me. Time to involve the authorities and maybe start a civil action too.

Most people will just shrug it off and "let it go" and this dumba$$ will be out there ripping other people off...

If it were me, I'd take a ton of pics and I'd park the car in the garage and not touch it, see about printing out that ebay page or contact ebay for a copy.. Then I'd file a complaint with his local sheriffs dept and maybe file a civil lawsuit too... Guy wouldn't get away with my money.:cool:

He's also pay for my time/expense to sue him and the transport fees as well...

Don't let it go. Some people need to understand that their actions have consequences... This was not some minor oversight; this was blatant....

Just my .02

I agree with you. Thats some great advice...its almost like your a lawyer or something.

Ouch. Me thinks this guy could use a "hospital job" if you know what I mean. 3-4 burly dudes, a couple pipes, a baseball bat and a bicycle chain should do the trick. :)