OK, which one of you got broke off by this Evo?

Looks to me like the Buick was going to pass the Evo both times if the race was long enough. 4 wheel drive on the street rules the 60 foot unless your combo is perfect lol.

Are we watching the same race? The GN was getting pulled on, watch the tail lights. I wonder how fast that evo is? Seemed like it was having traction issues.

Iv'e seen some pretty fast Evo's at the LEGAL track I go to. There was a red one there last time running 12.0/low 12's@ 110-110 MPH.

My friend's EVO runs 11.70's:eek:

It's pretty empressive to see an AWD car burn all 4 tires:cool: Now the guy is trying to shoot for low 11's to high 10's. The head is off getting p&p and God knows what else is being done to it.

When they race a full quarter mile, THEN we'll see. And the awd only rules, if the driver knows what the hell he's doing. And low 12's for a TR is NOTHING but sometimes just a simple twist of a knob.

If the Evo was pulling on him through most of the pull, what makes you think the TR was going to catch up before the end of a 1/4mile?

Low 12's maybe nothing for a TR, but the new Evo's are running mid/high 12's out of the box.

Hell, one of the local's just ran 11.57@119 with nothing more than an exhaust and fuel control.

A friend of my friend with the EVO has a new EVO as well. This guy claims he's gone mid 12's with only exhaust and tuning. Now I'm not sure how much I believe him but who knows.

Yea, Im not doubting theyre fast, nor are they REAL fast with just a few mods, but really... no little rice burner, is already hanging with porsches right out of the factory man. dont think so.

Yea, Im not doubting theyre fast, nor are they REAL fast with just a few mods, but really... no little rice burner, is already hanging with porsches right out of the factory man. dont think so.

Sounded almost as ignorant as old musclecar guys saying "No V6 is gonna run with my big block".

evos? mid 12's from the factory? id like to see that.
If you get the dealer installed Buschur Racing kit it is no problem.
Buschur Racing - Your source for Mitsubishi racing parts and accessories for Evo VIII and Evo IX Lancers as well as Mitsubishi Eclispe, focusing on turbo upgrades and exhaust systems. A guy was over the other day had the Buschur kit put on his Evo and went 12.5s Buschur's driver went 9.8s driving it in and home. ALOT of fast Evos and DSM's coming out of that place.

If you get the dealer installed Buschur Racing kit it is no problem.
Buschur Racing - Your source for Mitsubishi racing parts and accessories for Evo VIII and Evo IX Lancers as well as Mitsubishi Eclispe, focusing on turbo upgrades and exhaust systems. A guy was over the other day had the Buschur kit put on his Evo and went 12.5s Buschur's driver went 9.8s driving it in and home. ALOT of fast Evos and DSM's coming out of that place.

Is that the same as the Evo IX MR? I keep hearing about them but details are sketchy. 345 crank HP in a light car it would seem 12s would be possible stock.

Jim

EVO's run 13's stock, but they respond well to little things like most turbocharged vehicles. I saw Buschur running 12.7's with an EVO at Norwalk before EVO's were even being sold in the US.

the new evo 9's will go 12.8's stock with the right driver at around 106mph seen it plenty of times a guy at the track went 12.4 at 114 with a boost / fuelcontroller and eghaust and ive got a 92 talon in my gatage right now that went 117mph @ 21 psi on pump gas and no traction so 4g63's can be pretty fast.

To all the nay sayers out there, the Evo 9 will run 12.5 to 12.8 around 108 all day long with a good driver. Hell, 114mph traps are good for high 11's.

There have to be 15 of the things up here at my track and I personally know a few of them. They are a fast car right out of the box.

With just an exhaust and some fuel control they run deep 12's all day long. There is no reason to doubt it, just go to your local track and watch with your own eyes.

Hell, Curt Brown's daily driven Evo8 ran 9.33 at 155 with a 37r. Drove it 200 miles to the track and back home again.

Still doesn't answer the original question of who it was that got spanked. Bottom line is that it looked like the Evo won both times. To be honest who really cares what it is; FAST is FAST!!!