OK, which one of you got broke off by this Evo?

Guy,

My BONE STOCK EVO IX (that I just sold) wnet 13.09@105.71 at the Buick Cecil County Friday Test & Tune. Thier Great cars and a LOT of fun, but they get NO RESPECT at the car Shows, even my Club members who I've known for years have a Hard time accepting them as a TRUE Muscle Car....Heres a link to my (Former) car.. Boulevards Knights Members Rides

Yea, just like the TB's aren't either:rolleyes:

WOW...

This is embarrassing to read:(

Buick has a rich history of muscle cars, were as the EVO was built as a rally sport car!! The EVO and WRX was built for autox/rally sport racing and not drag racing. Who cares how fast they can run, it doesn't change the fact they are rally sport cars!! Also, just because it has a turbocharger doesn't make it a muscle car:rolleyes: The TR's was built in a time where it was VERY hard to build something radical using V8's. Just do a search, this took place during the gas shortages of the 70's. It was freaken hard to find cars during the 80's with a big motor because of it. The car was raved about in Hotrod magazine...show me where they did the same for some Import rally sport car??

If I had a TR for sale, I wouldn;t sell it to you...but thats just me.

WOW...

This is embarrassing to read:(

Buick has a rich history of muscle cars, were as the EVO was built as a rally sport car!! The EVO and WRX was built for autox/rally sport racing and not drag racing. Who cares how fast they can run, it doesn't change the fact they are rally sport cars!! Also, just because it has a turbocharger doesn't make it a muscle car:rolleyes: The TR's was built in a time where it was VERY hard to build something radical using V8's. Just do a search, this took place during the gas shortages of the 70's. It was freaken hard to find cars during the 80's with a big motor because of it. The car was raved about in Hotrod magazine...show me where they did the same for some Import rally sport car??

If I had a TR for sale, I wouldn;t sell it to you...but thats just me.

Right on.

First of all the quality of that video sucks.
The veiw point is also rotten.
The crowd in it doesn't strike me as one idicative of attracting any knowlegable or serious TR racers.
It even looks like they're racing stopped on the side of a highway?
When the TR boils the tires before the race, that would be to heat up a DR, but I don't see anything resembling a slick as it goes by.
Everyone knows it's a waste of time heating up a street tire, especially if it's the stock 215.
When they do line up & go by, you can hear the EVO balls to the wall, but not the TR, and for some reason the tires aren't spinning anymore?
It almost sounds like the TR starts getting into boost when they're almost out of sight.

Not saying the EVO isn't a fast fun car, it's all relative, but the way this was presented here is just a poor attempt at a troll.

Bottom line, give me a TR any day.

Here's me coasting to the win over a very fast EVO. Turns out I only needed 4 connecting rods to beat him. :cool:

http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/dbajalis/Dan991.wmv

A win is a win.

The sound of those 4-bangers makes me want to gouge my eyes out with those little forks that they use for olives and for digging meat out of lobsters and crabs. (I know the eyes aren't for hearing, but it's what came to mind).

Jim

I don't mind the fours but I'm more into demestics:biggrin:

My stang came stock with a turbocharged 2.3L and I wouldn't call it a muscle car. It was built for road racing and it did a good job.

my brother has a similar car, 88 Tbird TC, different turbo I believe tho, still a cool car, and incredibly sophisticated for the times

200 Miles south of you ;)

Midland

Cool, if you ever feel the need to come race @ Idalou near Lubbock, let me know. There are a ton of GNs here in Amarillo, we just need an excuse to migrate south for some racing :biggrin:

A win is a win.

The sound of those 4-bangers makes me want to gouge my eyes out with those little forks that they use for olives and for digging meat out of lobsters and crabs. (I know the eyes aren't for hearing, but it's what came to mind).

Jim

For some reason, alot of EVOs sound worse then DSMs, even though its pretty much the same engine. Must have alot to do with the exhaust setup. My Talon had a nice deep tone to it, not ricey like that. Makes me glad I never put an exhaust on my Evo.....