Ok, what vendor has the rights to the Power6 emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF Hes money hungry thats the problem,he could have gone along like everyone else,no he wants ALL of OUR money/buisness.Screw Joe Blow if he has to close down,because I bought said rights. I pray that no one will be affected like that,but it could happen.I know hes out to make a dollar like anyone else but not at OUR PARTS AVAILABILITY. If vendors(he owns a t type) like this are "Fast with Class" I need to sell my Buicks and buy a Yugo.I wont support him and the people that filled my pm box wont either. BTW I dont think we need to get in to Jasons buisness as he gives us this site for free. Gotta download some music off the net,burn some cds, and make a buck;)

I can't speak for any other vendors but it was GM that made us stop selling that stuff. At that time...a couple of months ago...they owned the rights, as far as I know they still do.

Pete

Because they were about to sell the rights to the guy:( He probably told them that he would buy the rights but only if they killed all the present vendors products. I didnt think he was that smart :mad:

Pete did they offer the rights to you guys too and you just didnt want them or did they say "stop selling our product"???

QUESTIONS ?? ANSWERS ??

Are products (including decals) bearing the well known
"BUICK MOTORSPORTS" (in cursive script) suddenly outlawed/banned? By whom, and why? What's the cure?

Most specifically, WHAT is NOT available NOW that WAS available BEFORE the "mysterious un-named stranger" pulled this "Snideley Whiplash/Dr. Evil" dastardly deed upon our relatively small Buick community?

Thanks for the free-flowing exchange of information!

Originally posted by sloride
Since no one wants to make many reproduction parts for YOUR car b4black,doesnt mean that 84-87 owners want vendors to stop making them for ours :mad:

That's pretty funny. Like it has ANYTHING to do with this debate. I did see the 6. It's right in the middle of what I cut and pasted. BTW, my cars all use the V6 logo. The '81 Pace car, '82 GN and '83 T Type where the first to use it. :p I don't want to see only one vendor carry it. Your right, nobody makes anything for my cars, so the V6 logo is all I got. I have more to lose than most.

Instead of debating it here, why don't you get Paul or Dennis or Postens to come here and confirm your story. I'm not saying your wrong. Just with something this important, we need proven facts before we hang someone. Surely you can understand that.

I understand totally but no one is going to post this info,you know he surely wont, because like I said earlier "the guy" is VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY sue happy and he could still sue for copyright infringement because the vendors selling said products have allready broken the laws(I dont know the period allowed to file a claim for copyright infringement,but im sure its at least a year). It really is sad,I think im gonna cry myself to sleep tonight with nightmares of only ONE person to get my emblems,etc from instead of 5 or 7 because someone wants to turn a HUGE profit:(

Patience.The guy will probably have them out shortly chargeing 700$ a set for em just like he does his TTA emblems.:( :( :( :(

Originally posted by Phoff
I can't speak for any other vendors but it was GM that made us stop selling that stuff. At that time...a couple of months ago...they owned the rights, as far as I know they still do.

Pete

Alot of posts and still no real answers. Pete when GM said stop was there an alternative? by that I mean did they want more $$$ to use it? If not what was the motive? Something still seems very strange. How come TB.com gear has been down so long....Jason???????

SLORIDE has an interesting concept..... I'll just say that I think someone could have attained their license, then proceeded to up their sales by turning in competition... but nothing is confirmed. If someone did they wouldn't admit to it.

The floor mats are covered because the embroidery company that stitches them has the license .... Jax does not have the license to stitch the logo on the headrests.

Anything that has to do with TR's (even the non-buick "buick motorsports" logo) is in question with this "situation"

Don't worry about it.... it should be solved soon. It's a shame that people(GM or others) try to take a slice of a VERY SMALL PIE. We hope to have news by the nationals.

Jon

Hes admitted it to me.I need a swift kick in the nuts for erasing those emails. If I would have posted them like I threatened he said he would sue me and the administrators of tb for slander. I guess hindsights 20/20. All I can say now is dont buy from this vendor.

It seemes like GM has started to crack down on this sort of thing....I think they where just going through web sites. It would cost ALOT of money to buy the rights to this stuff. And don't forget GM still sells emblems and such...I don't think they are going to give up there copyrights yet.

Pete

Originally posted by Quick6
So is this true or what, TB.com gear is down because of this?
How come TB.com gear has been down so long....Jason???????

For the third time, where did you hear about this being the reasoning behind the store being closed?

Feel free to e-mail me privately if necessary.

Originally posted by JasonD
For the third time, where did you hear about this being the reasoning behind the store being closed?

Feel free to e-mail me privately if necessary.

Never said that I did, but I have put it out as a question. So is this related, just curious?

Pete are you saying that GM offered Kirbans the rights to sell their products?? Or told you to quit selling them alltogether??? Please let us know

SLORIDE -- GM gives the option to be licensed but it's EXPENSIVE. Answer Jason's question please.

Never said that I did, but I have put it out as a question. So is this related, just curious?

I see. The way you worded it "So is this true or what, TB.com gear is down because of this?" sounded a bit like it was a previous topic of discussion. Thanks for clarifying.

To answer your question...

The store is not down because of reasons directly related to any particular vendor that I know of. We do have some issues with the content of the store that we are actively looking into, just to stay on the safe side and not push our luck. We don't want to step on the General's toes, or anyone else's for that matter.

Anyone that would try to harm what little revenue we make to run this site simply for their own selfish advantage would be cutting their own throat or at least sticking a fork in it. There are a lot of people here I am sure that a good chunk of those people would be more than happy to spread the word about those kinds of business pratices. All we are trying to do is run a site for fun and friendship, not profit. We are certainly not harming anyone's bottom line by running this site. If anything, we are helping.

However, I really don't think this is the case and shouldn't be worried about that. Really.

And as far as anyone suing us for comments made on this web site, that is nearly laughable. If they want to do that, they should first look into the Communications Decency Act of 1996. But than again, I am no lawyer myself, I only know what I know.

Let's get to the root of the matter. I kind of think that "someone" owning the Buick 6 is a rumor and nothing more. Until someone can PROVE that Alan or whoever now owns the right to it, let's not get all uptight and start pinning negative accusations on any names, eh? If there was proof supplied and I missed it, please point it out to me. If a private e-mail is in order, please contact me directly through those means.

Sorry Jason im not trying to name names here and I wont publicly. I just gave a description and a few people figured out who it was and posted his name and company. When you get an email from him insisting that you delete this thread or hell sue you and the administrators of tb,youll know what im talking about. No real proof except my word and around here I dont think its worth much. So no "real" proof and we know hell never admit to it so back to square one:confused:

Jason, it came from the Turbo 6 thong discussion. I don't know how it turned into the whole store being down because of that though. As for the owner of the logo to put pressure on tb.com not to sell items with said logo, I agree. Maybe rights for a banner would be a deal in your future, but like ad space, logo rights don't come free either. Its now a big part of someones business.

SLORIDE...I still don't see how you can make an argument for people who are selling this stuff illegally. I am guessing anyone could have gone up and paid for it, but most deceide to take a chance and just steal it Like I said, its no different than burning copies in your CD collection, and selling the copies. Yea it sucks that there are going to be less vendors carrying that stuff, but those vedors can also try to buy rights from GM or whoever the new owner is.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Jason, it came from the Turbo 6 thong discussion.

Hrmph...news to me. I have never been contacted directly by anyone regarding this.

I don't know how it turned into the whole store being down because of that though. As for the owner of the logo to put pressure on tb.com not to sell items with said logo, I agree.

Yeah...I really don't think it would happen.

Maybe rights for a banner would be a deal in your future

Heh...I don't think that is even an issue.

Its now a big part of someones business.

It is? WHOSE? Got facts/proof? If not, again, let's not make that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.