Ok, what vendor has the rights to the Power6 emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick6

So is this true or what, TB.com gear is down because of this? I have sent the Admin a couple of messages about when it will be back up with no response. Is there one vendor now who is putting the screws to us:(

Im not a lawyer .but heres how I see it .you can only sue for damages.if a guy made maybe 100.00 bucks and the damages may have been 200.00 would you hire a lawyer that would cost you 5000-10000 bucks .I say sell the stuff.the power 6 is about 20 year old and hasnt been in production for 16 years .I may be wrong but I dont think TB.com is making much if anything on their stuff .RICK whats the deal?

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
Im not a lawyer .but heres how I see it .you can only sue for damages.if a guy made maybe 100.00 bucks and the damages may have been 200.00 would you hire a lawyer that would cost you 5000-10000 bucks .I say sell the stuff.the power 6 is about 20 year old and hasnt been in production for 16 years .I may be wrong but I dont think TB.com is making much if anything on their stuff .RICK whats the deal?

GM went after some vendors selling knock off sheetmetal for cars 30 years old a few years ago. All it takes is the giant waking up and wanting to stop someone, and they'll do it. They don't need a settlement, they can drive you broke defending yourself. GM has lawyers on retainer, and it's not going to really cost them a dime to get their way.

If you can get written permission from GM, then go that route, lacking that, your just open for a suit. Nowadays anyone can about file suit for anything, and winning is secondary in lots of cases, all they try and do is drive the other side broke.

His buisness name is 14 letters long, 2 words(first 3,second 11)and its something we all love,he sells seatcovers and carpet out of Georgia, and after buying the rights the cheap pri** wont even pay to become a sponsor of this site(even though he sells stuff on here all the time).Plus when I asked him about this and it cutting down on available products for our CARs he said "so what,im a lawyer and im gonna sue you if you dont quit bothering me"!!!! Ive warned others on this site but it seems they really dont care(go figure).I was pissed about this months ago before he bought the rights because since he had"exclusivity" he wanted to tell the only other person that makes seatcovers for our car that if he put the power 6 on them that he would sue. That vendor told him to F-off and kept making his product until recently when "the guy" bought the rights. Now that guy owns the rights hes in a better place to be suing and now one of the 2 people that makes seatcovers for our CARs cant sell them with a power 6 logo.This guy is a snake in the grass guys if you havent figured it out yet pm me and ill tell you who he is.

Originally posted by sloride
after buying the rights

I doubt anybody "bought the exclusive rights" or now "owns" the V6 logo. I bet someone bought a license. Anybody else who buys the license can sell too. If you don't have a license, you can't sell. Been that way since the '80's.

It's only fair that if one has to buy the license, that the rest should as well.

I think we must get the facts, not rumors, before crucifying anyone.

You can't be sued for telling the truth! I would like to see a vendor who has been affected by this say who it is if TRUE, then I will know who NOT to buy anything from.

He allready had a license,now he OWNS the right.Think about it if you were GM,you sell the rights to one of the only individuals that ever had a licence.Then all the headaches are that persons and gm doesnt have to f*** with it anymore. Makes alot of sense to me.Ask Micheal Mcoy if someone actually bought them or Kirbans,or Jax or anyone else that has had to pull a product because of this a******. Thank you so much for taking away our parts. I know your reading this and I also told you that people wouldnt be happy,you just laughed and said youd sue me(forgot to mention hes very sue happy,FWIW I hear he isnt a very good lawyer) .Everyone on this site should not support this vendor, even if he does support this site,hes a reason why people have stopped making parts for our cars NOT a bunch of slander on the net.If this guy wants to become an advertiser we should take a vote(I know its not a democracy) and see if we really want a money hungry vendor like that on this board.

He allready had a license,now he OWNS the right.

Sorry for doubting you, but I don't have any idea who you are, so I am. Do you have proof to this, not just hearsay?

You asked him in the other thread and he denies it. It's all he said/he said until we see some proof.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your selling items with the power 6 right. Are you the one that bought the rights causing other vendors to pull their products with a power 6 logo ???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope. This is the first I've heard about the Power 6 rights being sold. What's the source of that info? I ask only because I have to pay GM licensing royalties each quarter for the various logos we use, including the Power 6, and I have not been notified by GM that I need to send my payments for that logo to someone else.

Thanks,

Alan

Originally posted by Quick6
You can't be sued for telling the truth! I would like to see a vendor who has been affected by this say who it is if TRUE, then I will know who NOT to buy anything from.

Yes, you can be sued for telling the truth.
Maybe not convicted, but you'll still need to jump through the hoops to defend yourself.

Especially with this guy.I do beleive hed sue his own mother if she made an afghan with a power 6 on it. If you read what ive posted youd see ive allready asked him about him buying the rights and he admits he has and tells me to mind my own buisness or hell sue me. Why do you think in the last thread he hasnt anwsered back to my last response. He does check this board religiously. Call up Kirbans,Postons,Jax and anyone else that sells,sorry did sell products with a power 6 and ask them why they stopped. Because an as***** bought the rights and is threatening to sue everyone that doesnt start paying him for said rights,so instead of caving into some sue happy jerk our vendors have said f-it and stopped making those products. He really knows how to help us out:rolleyes:

GM ownes all the rights to the power six emblem,ect....anything GNX is not copyrighted.

Pete

Pete if GM still owned the rights then why in the hell are ALL the vendors,except him, pulling products?? Why not just continue selling them like always(especially you guys)??? Because GM no longer owns the rights,thats why. Why would the guy say in an email to me that he ownes them??? Im gonna ask someone at GM if I can pay them to use the power 6 on a t shirt and see what they say.

OK, lets see:

Alan denies it.
Pete who works cloesly with Kirban says GM owns the logo.
Jason doesn't confirm it's true with regards to TB.com gear.

From Jax's website:
These products are not endorsed by GM. All logos used are licensed by GM. Headrest logos are not currently licensed. The following "6" logo is optional. We are unable to offer any other logos by custom embroidery until future notice. It is unfortunate, and we hope to have this resolved soon!

THIS DOES NOT AFFECT OUR FLOORMATS!
It says again "all logos used are licensed by GM. Maybe (MAYBE!) Alan has exlcusive rights to the V6 logo on seats covers only. But it looks like he can't own it totally, otherwise Jax's couldn't do floormats either. It looks to me like Jax's (and probably the others) simply doesn't have GM licenses to do seats yet.

Rumors are doing anybody any good! :mad:

Why dont you call Paul up and ask him??? If (big IF,since hes told me he does)the guy doesnt own the rights,hes the one thats responsible for vendors pulling their products,which like ive told him all he is doing is hurting our parts availability:mad:

Since no one wants to make many reproduction parts for YOUR car b4black,doesnt mean that 84-87 owners want vendors to stop making them for ours :mad:

BTW Better put your glasses on,did you get a good look at the power 6 logo on Jaxs site???? Apparently not or you would have noticed that its not a power 6, it doesnt have a pointed end on the 6. Just a regular 6 in yellow and orange:(

Originally posted by b4black
Jason doesn't confirm it's true with regards to TB.com gear.

I am not interested in confirming or denying anything, but first I want to know where that information is coming from.

SLORIDE, no offence to you, but if someone bought the logo, or the rights to it, why shouldn't he make everyone else who is stealing the logo , pull it??? People are making and selling products off of someone elses licensed art work. Peope who were selling it should be glad they got a free ride from GM for as long as they did. I'm sure if CAR MOTORSPORTS does own the logo, they paid alot of money for it,and the way it goes from there is if anyone wans to use the logo on one of their products, they must contact the owner , get permission,and pay him a fee. As for making Jax stop using the logo on their seat covers, well I don't think any business is going to let thier competitor (of the same product) use the logo for nothing. If Car Motorsports is selling on this board, they should be a paying advertiser, but that is between Jason and them.
I know none of these people personally, Its just that someone stepped up and i'm sure made a huge $$$ investment, and I don't think there is anything wrong with them protecting that investment. What's the difference between that and burning CD's and selling them on the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.