OK, I think im going DIY system.....

Steve, I hope to be taking alcohol to a new level..may actually run better than your C16..fingers crossed..

If you were to run a .045 jet and were able to throttle the alky the motor injests..bet you could run more on alky than you currently do.

The way I see it..your requirments for alky at 15 lbs and at 25 lbs are way different..so setting your jet to the 25 lb level cuases you to run way too much alcohol at 15 and make the car lazy..until it gets to 25..if you can make the car trimmed at 15 and 25..I would bet you would pickup a bunch..

Notice this...most fast alky cars run mid-high 11's ..most have excellent trap speeds..118-120.. You have race gas cars that run less MPH yet ET better..Why?? Becuase we're spraying way too much alky down low cuasing the motors to be lazy..see if the car is rich its lazy..if its lean..its angry..Get your car angry on alky..you will see the :eek:

Also..lets say you run street tires..richening(more alky) the launch will yield a better 60 foot..on street tires.

Back under my rock..

Stevemon,
You dont get the point..

... what i'm talking about is the 60 330 660 et that is impaired when a lot of alcohol is flowing. If you bring the alky pressure down those et's come down..problem is when you pass the 1/8 mile that all the heat is generated and you need a lot of alky to keep temps down. So if your spaying enough to keep the top end knock free..the bottom end has too much alcohol..unless its graduated.

You dont need a lot of alky in first gear.. irreguardless of boost..well :)

Alcohol has its limits.. C16 pretty much doesnt..yet alky can be used where C16 may not work..My car cannot run C16 at 25 PSI..better said..will not..

Why?.. my MAT temp goes to 170 degrees at the end of the quarter..65 degrees out..so at 170 degrees the air charge coming in is way to hot and the motor knocks like a pig...see I run a 51 turbo...25 PSI the turbo is maxed out..by spraying alcohol those temps come down..and the motor doesnt detonate.

This is a particular case where alky runs better than c12 and c16. At the top..now if I run 22 psi and a high timing chip on c12/c16..car will be faster in the equarter. My own experience.

Only one way to find out.. i'll let ya know in a week or two..

Need to keep O2's in the mid-upper 700's for maximum power the whole run..figure this out..ahh..Cant have 850's in first, 820's in second and 770's in third..you'll MPH great..but suck ET wise.

Originally posted by stevemon
Razor,

If this is not what gives the most power at the track, I ain't interested. ;)

See you mention what gives the most power at the track...the track "is" 0-120 mph..not 40-120..thats the street..

All my huff and puff is about the track...and only the track...on the street/from a roll at 40/highway..thats easy to get..its getting the fastest 0-60..well 0-120 that counts.Or 0-135 :)

Will adjusting alky enrichment on the bottom end yield worthwhile ET results at the track? Dont know...I do know that too much will make the car slower this I have proof of. And I do know running a high timing chip on race gas will yield great ET results 1/8 mile wise.

Stevemon,
I'm happy that you have found bliss with your system.

Some alcohol owners want a little more from theyre kits. You dont thats ok.. really..I cant tell you what to do and wont ever.

What I was looking for was more creative critism as to how to make more power with alcohol. This is a subject that doesnt appeal to you..sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

:)

Anybody have a list of cheaper parts?

I went to summitracing.com and everything seems expensive:confused:

I got the shopping list on steve monroe's site and added everything up:eek:

I am not trying to scimp out on anything, I think I can get some parts cheaper somewhere else(board member or internet site).

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Bo

What exactly are you looking to get cheaper?

The Pump, relays, fittings, nozzles..

Ya, anything I can..... I think I can find alot of this stuff cheaper than summit,jegs,ect.

I really want new parts though. No junk yard stuff!

Maybe someone on the boards has found a certain part alot cheaper than another.

All next week I will be hunting for my parts.

Bo

Originally posted by Razor
What exactly are you looking to get cheaper?

The Pump, relays, fittings, nozzles..

Why dont you put the prices you have found..maybe we can respond to where XYZ may be cheaper..

I have a local place that sells 30 amp 12v relays for 2 bucks each..Atlantic Electronics.

Northern for the pump..

Razor for the controller ;)

OK, here's what I got so far:

(summit) nos fan spray body#13500 = $14.39

(summit) Inline fuel filter = $10

(northern hyd) Pump#2687 = $59.99

(summit) nos pressure switch # 15680 = $36.39

(summit) #3 AN fem.# 600193 = $15.69

(summit) nos jet# 13750-30 = $7.39

Some of the more expensive items here and still no trick tank yet.

;)
Bo

I quit using a filter in my setup and haven't had any trouble. I buy the Earls and NOS parts at a local Streetrod shop in Okc (http://www.parrautomotive.com/ and their prices were about $11 for the fan spray nozzle, $4 for the jet, & $14 for the #3 AN stainless hose adaptor last year.
I used 1/4" rubber fule hose which I pay about $11 for a 25 ft roll for. (no problems for 6+ years) Someone posted a cheaper Hobbs switch here too. Can't remember the brand/PN. You should be under $165 when you have everything you need rounded up.

Steve, Thanks for the new prices.

Razor, how much is this controller going to cost me? And is that box you had in your car the thing were talking about?

Bo

The box in the car is and is not it..it will have a totally different look..you'll see :)

By the time you get all this stuff..probably will be ready for sale..

My suggestion would be to get the Mcmaster nozzles..Like an M10 or M15..it will be cheaper..and better misting.since theyre made for liquid...the hobbs switch can be found for 10-15 dollars..you wont need the hobbs with my controller since it uses the TTA 3 bar MAP to feed it signal. The controller will handle all the feed to the motor..so jetting wont be necessary..

If you dont know..the prototype is up and running for the 3 bar, you can set the turn on point with a knob, set your initial pressure with a knob.. and set your gain(multiplication) additional alky per pound..so you can flow to your hearts content..in other words..laymens terms..you set your turnon point to lets say 10 lbs boost and initial pump pressure to 35 PSI..from this point you can have the pump put out 100 PSI by any boost level you wish..or turn it down accordingly..so you can have 80 PSI at 22lbs or 100 psi at 20lbs..or 100 psi at 30 LBS of boost :)

Stay in touch..i'll have it at the track this week..
HTH

Julio

Can a different size tap be used on the up pipe? Having a hard time finding 1/16-27 locally.

Originally posted by Razor

My suggestion would be to get the Mcmaster nozzles..Like an M10 or M15..it will be cheaper..and better misting.since theyre made for liquid...

HTH

Julio

Here we go again. I see these posts talking about "better misting" as though it means something good. I use the nos nozzle and then guys post you should use this, or that, because it "mists" so much better. Me, just running 12s, I'm thinkin'.......These guys must be running 10s or somethin'.......WRONG! I'm telling you right now..........it doesn't make any difference. When that spray hits the intake airstream, it becomes mist, whatever nozzle you choose. HI JULIO! :D

You should be under $165 when you have everything you need rounded up.

NO WAY, MAN. SOME GUYS HAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO LOOK AROUND FOR ALL THESE SPARE PARTS. :rolleyes: SHOOT!!! I CAN GO RIGHT OUT THERE AND PLUNK DOWN MORE THAN TWICE AS MUCH MONEY AND GET SOMETHING ALL IN ONE BOX AND THEN I CAN GET SOMEBODY TO INSTALL IT FOR ME IN A COUPLE HOURS. IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE WEEKS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT. ADMIT IT.....YOU'RE JUST CHEAP! DON'T BE TRYIN' TO COMPLICATE MY LIFE WITH COMMON SENSE! :p

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Here we go again. I see these posts talking about "better misting" as though it means something good. I use the nos nozzle and then guys post you should use this, or that, because it "mists" so much better. Me, just running 12s, I'm thinkin'.......These guys must be running 10s or somethin'.......WRONG! I'm telling you right now..........it doesn't make any difference. When that spray hits the intake airstream, it becomes mist, whatever nozzle you choose. HI JULIO! :D

Hi John :)

NOS nozzles are ok for 12 second cars ;)

If you want your car to run 12's..the NOS nozzle is ok.. :D

Now for 10"s ..thats another story :rolleyes: