OK, I think im going DIY system.....

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Have questions though....

is there an updated version? Does anybody know any cool tricks to doing this? Were talking under $200 for the basic setup? Anybody not like it?

I seen a mustang owner do this (Yellow95 ) Very tricked out.
I want to do something close to his on my TTA.

I will try to find and post a link to his website to give you a better idea.

Thanks,
Bo

What's not to like.........didn't you read my post? Whaduya think.....I'm practicing my typing? Come on up to Largo on Saturday nite and you can view a couple DIY systems. Be there about 6 PM. ;)

Hi (again) Bo,

The "basic" DIY w/ NOS nozzle worked fine on my old GN, but for some reason I couldn't get it tuned right in my WE4. I believe it was because the newer "Ford" pump it had was a higher pressure unit... so much that no matter how I jetted the nozzle (then dual NOS nozzles), I had problems. I spent the extra money for SMC's control box and dual nozzles and incorporated them in to my WE4's DIY setup. THIS was the shiznit! I liked it so much I switched the GN over to the same setup, and then my T-Type!

Man, I almost fell out of my chair. Someone has seen my sight? Email me if you have any questions. I installed a few "add ons" for peace of mind, like the water pressure gauge.

Gary
flgants@aol.com

Some good sites:

http://midwestracing.hostin.com/alcohol.htm

http://home.att.net/~stevemon/AlcoholInjMod.html

I recommend using the overflow tank for alcohol, and I routed my o/f line to the washer fluid reservoir. The o/f tank holds a gallon, and lasts for weeks.

I am using a .036 jet, and about 70% alcohol/distilled water.
You may need a slightly larger jet with a bigger turbo, unless you go dual. I will probably go dual if I get a bigger turbo.

You will need a chip with more timing. I am using a Thrasher 97. It works good, but is not as fun as the T-100 I had last year:cool:

You want about 22-23* timing to avoid bogging.

Make sure you mount the pump below the reservoir;)

Red Regal T, I am going to make it up there at the Largo meet as soon as I can.Deffenitly want to check out the DIY systems there.

Jay, thanks for the info, I will let you know how it turns out. Then again, I might be asking you more Q's:D

blackbuick87, Thanks for your info also, I learned alot of info on those sites.

Yellow95, get off of the floor and pull it together:D Your system is very nice and clean looking (I would be proud of myself):) Thanks for your info in the e-mail it will be very helpful to me.

If there is any other info out there lemme know:)

Thanks,
Bo

Bo- Drive on down and check mine out some time. I am only about 50 miles fom you.

Gary

Originally posted by yellow95
Bo- Drive on down and check mine out some time. I am only about 50 miles fom you.

Gary

Hey, im always down your way being a tourist:D My buddy is moving down there soon. If you want to race your car at Bradenton anytime, lemme know.

Bo

Sorry to run off topic, but where in Largo do you guys meet? I'm in Tampa, and I'd like to check out your cars and your systems because I'll be building one shortly for my mustang.

Thanks guys.

DAVE........CHECK LARGO CRUISE POST IN FLORIDA SECTION. WE'RE GOING TO DADE CITY SHOW THIS WEEK. NICE SHOW.....CHECK IT OUT!

Can the window washer fluid tank be used as an alchy tank with the pump mounted underneath?

Sure, you could use the windshield washer bottle, but it doesn't hold that much. Better to use the overflow..........one gallon.

I use the overflow tank for alky and the washer fluid tank for radiator overflow.

Be sure to disconnect the washer pump if doing this, otherwise the wife may try to use the windshield washer:eek:

Ya guys are missing a small detail..its a TTA space is not the same.

Bo if you can find a chemical tank for our cars.. lemme know.

I was thinking of moving the battery to the trunk and mounting the reservoir there..like a small fuel cell.

I dont trust my plastic overflow or washer tank for use with methanol/denatured..may work ok..but thats me.

I didnt notice it was a TTA, good point.

Razor alcohol doesnt eat plastic, so the o/f tank is fine. What do you think fuel cells are made of (usually)?

I just like my containers that hold flammable liquids to be a little thicker..like a fuel cell ;)

I've seen way too many plastic overflows broken..just go to any junkyard and look around..plus the one in my car is 14 years old..

On another note..JAZ sells small 2 quart and one gallon fuel cells for mini-dragsters..i'm trying to get more info..

If you use a new container..shouldnt have any problems..