Oil pressure problem

Well a funny thing happened today...
Pulled the motor and went to the shop..
Disassembled the motor and after checking found the problem..
They put std std bearings on a 10-10 crank yet labeled the rods and mains 1.7 with blue paint so I wouldn't mess with their clearances..
Humans make mistakes, it's Christmas and I'll let it be...

Holy crap man!!! I've been egging about your build since you got that cover from me. It was the first time I ever had less than stellar performance... Now I guess I know why!! 11.7 thou is kinda loose!!!!

At least you found the problem and it's fairly easy to fix now.

Well a funny thing happened today...
Pulled the motor and went to the shop..
Disassembled the motor and after checking found the problem..
They put std std bearings on a 10-10 crank yet labeled the rods and mains 1.7 with blue paint so I wouldn't mess with their clearances..
Humans make mistakes, it's Christmas and I'll let it be...

Well that'll do it! :ROFLMAO:

My machine guy did the EXACT same thing..:mad:
The assy guy got canned over it. It cost the shop about $2K for the parts..LAST time I had a short block built. I put it, [and all succeeding engines together.]:)
Glad you found it, B4 the rods "left town"!:banghead:

I don't want to throw him under the bus anymore than I already have. It is my belief the builder must have had a lot of things going on personally for him to drop the ball this way. It wasn't malicious like leaving a loose bolt on a main cap.
The bottom line.. motor is running today.. first oil change done.. first burnout.. handed the keys over and happy customer.
I'm retiring from doing any more motors :hungover:

:)

My machine guy did the EXACT same thing..:mad:
The assy guy got canned over it. It cost the shop about $2K for the parts..LAST time I had a short block built. I put it, [and all succeeding engines together.]:)
Glad you found it, B4 the rods "left town"!:banghead:
I don't want anyone to lose their job during Christmas.. so I let it go…

These cars are finicky enough already without having a fubar added to the equation. Glad you got it fixed though...

I don't want anyone to lose their job during Christmas.. so I let it go…

I must say you are a classy guy Julio.:cool: With all that work and stress most people are more than ready to hang people out to dry on forums today. People make mistakes, I know I have:oops:

Glad you found it, all class in handling the builder error.