Oil out of dipstick tube

I would start with a compression test and go from there. If the rings aren't seated or there's a problem in the valvetrain you will get compression in the block. If the compression numbers come back ok, take a closer look at your breathers on the valve covers. My last motor had so much blow by that after a run, I would push the dip stick back in, it would come out about a inch or so.

Chuck

only problem with that is i'd have even more oil all over because of the 1" open holes in the valve covers!!

Do you have checkball pcv, like Kirban or RJC sells, in line with a regular pcv? I blew a lot of oil over 20psi until I added the checkvalve.

I would start with a compression test and go from there. If the rings aren't seated or there's a problem in the valvetrain you will get compression in the block. If the compression numbers come back ok, take a closer look at your breathers on the valve covers. My last motor had so much blow by that after a run, I would push the dip stick back in, it would come out about a inch or so.

Chuck
did you have a snug fit between the stick and tube? mine is a pretty loose fit. wondering if any type of seal was supposed to be there to give a snug fit. i'm tempted to just wrap the tube with electrical tape, or thin foam insulation tape to get a snug fit, and see if the stick blows out.

Do you have checkball pcv, like Kirban or RJC sells, in line with a regular pcv? I blew a lot of oil over 20psi until I added the checkvalve.
i've had the kirban check valve for probably 8-9 years. do they ever stick or fail?

PVC issue. Had same issue on rebuild with 50 miles and I knew the rings were seated fine after a compression test. Oil out the dipstick all over a nice clean engine. Defective PVC, new from Kirban, was the culprit. Blocked it off or get rid of it..

NC87GN

Intake leaking boost into the pan.
PCV not sealing under boost.
Turbo leaking boost into the return line?

update..... i decided to seal the dipstick tube and see what happened. i used some electrical splicing tape and pulled just enough around the dipstick tube to get a snug fit when i pushed the stick down, not to the point where i had to force it. took it out for a few wot rips, and no oil, nor did the stick push up at all. i figure, if there was enough blowby causing the original problem, it would have blown the stick out. do you think at higher rpms, the crank throws enough oil at a force great enough to force it out the dipstick tube?