OIl additive ZDDP, for those who use it!

baaadgn

For those who use this additive for their motors I would like to mention Eastwood Corp presently has it for half price, just purchased 6/4oz bottles for 35.94, like half price!
I bought other things from this company and got a email flyer, not sure if this is why I recieved this offer but check it out!

Im not sure if ZPlus is making the Eastwood house brand.

So, lets stick with the ZDDPlus stuff.

Bob

Hey you can do what ever, or call Eastman 1800 343 9353 and say father brother got flyer 55% off, and ask them about it, don't want to upset venders but half price!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you can do what ever, or call Eastman 1800 343 9353 and say father brother got flyer 55% off, and ask them about it, don't want to upset venders but half price!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you choose to support outside shops instead of our supporting vendors, then good luck.

Brad penn oil has eliminated the need for buying zddp..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here's what it says on their website, from two different testing companies
http://www.penngrade1.com/Zinc.aspx
Brad Penn Product
Penn Grade 1 ------20W-50 #7119 --
Blackstone ------------- zinc 1,214 ppm- phos 944 ppm
Southwest Research - zinc 1,540 ppm - phos 1,319 ppm

Penn Grade 1 ----- 10W-30 #7150
Blackstone ------------- zinc 1,424 ppm- phos 1,139 ppm
Southwest Research - zinc 1,565 ppm - phos 1,332 ppm

Brad Penn PCMO -- 20W-50 SJ #7123*
Blackstone ------------- zinc 689 ppm- phos 522 ppm
Southwest Research - zinc 1,051 ppm - phos 901 ppm

Hopefully this formats a little better
David

Any body use stp in the red bottle has dbbl the zddp then the blue bottle.

1500 ppm is the number if i remember correctly, but this is the number through the oils life during a 3000 mile cycle.is it still 1500ppm then?..10w30 is the correct viscosity if the motor is oem...
im still gonna buy a $10 bottle of zzdp and some good ole dino oil..

Yea because ZDDP wasnt made especially for our cars or anything:rolleyes:

what's so special about the engines in turbocharged Buicks compared to every other internal combustion engines with flat tappet cams in them?
and do the NA 231 V6 cars also need a special oil?

what's so special about the engines in turbocharged Buicks compared to every other internal combustion engines with flat tappet cams in them?
and do the NA 231 V6 cars also need a special oil?

You are kidding right, and just wanted to inject some humor in this thread? :confused:

I would guess that the majority of the turbo V6's on this board have at least triple the HP of the NA V6 engines and even a flat tappet turbo cam will have double the spring pressure of the NA 2 barrel carb, and of course it could never dream to be in the RPM territory of a turbo engine.

Do you ever post anything positive or helpful in the tech area, or do you just try and point out what you think we do wrong? :(

By the way, in case you have not heard this, but older Mopars, Fords and even other GM models have flat tappet cams that go flat as well.

As far as the OP, why do you not just get your info and help from the Eastwood board instead of supporting our vendors that keep this board alive?

My thoughts on the topic since we sell zddplus to eastwood. Eastwood also made there own as well End result makes things confusing for customers. Why they did this I do not know.

When our cars were new 1986-1987 vintage....the oil had about 1800 ppm of zddp content. while its true brad penn and others may have sufficent levels they fall short of what our cars had available when they were new. A similar comparison would be fuel....your car may run ok on 92-93 octane but find 100 proof and car responds alot better.

As it has been pointed adding one bottle of zddplus with your current oil puts the ppm level where it was back in 1987. We offer free shipping when you buy 2 bottles.

We were the very first direct distributor to sell this product.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

You are kidding right, and just wanted to inject some humor in this thread? :confused:

I would guess that the majority of the turbo V6's on this board have at least triple the HP of the NA V6 engines and even a flat tappet turbo cam will have double the spring pressure of the NA 2 barrel carb, and of course it could never dream to be in the RPM territory of a turbo engine.

Do you ever post anything positive or helpful in the tech area, or do you just try and point out what you think we do wrong? :(

By the way, in case you have not heard this, but older Mopars, Fords and even other GM models have flat tappet cams that go flat as well.

As far as the OP, why do you not just get your info and help from the Eastwood board instead of supporting our vendors that keep this board alive?

i was pulling engines that were built in the early 70's apart in the late 80's, and most of them had cams with mostly round lobes on them... that was back when the oil was still "good", and these were completely stock engines (mostly Chev small blocks, but there was the odd Mopar LA small block and various Ford engines thrown in there) with valvesprings that you could damn near push open by hand.
so cams going flat is nothing new.. maybe the additives help, but it's also possible that the changing oil formulations might not have been the root cause of cams going flat and the additives just mask some other underlying issue.

so i'll ask again, what is so special about a turbocharged Buick engine compared to any other flat tappet internal combustion engine ever made that requires a special additive package? what laws of physics are different in these engines compared to other engine families? how come i hardly ever read about cams in V8 engines going flat any more, and how come some cams still go flat after adding stuff to the oil?

It's not that Buick engines are 'special' per se... They do have a design flaw in the block that locates tappets in less than ideal locations relative to the cam lobes. To make things worse most new lifters don't have a harder stellite foot on them coupled with cam blanks that aren't as touch as the stuff that was made in the 80's. If you take those three factors, and through on some super stiff springs, you're begging for a problem.

That being said, weak valve springs have beat up more valve trains than stiff ones.

It's not that Buick engines are 'special' per se... They do have a design flaw in the block that locates tappets in less than ideal locations relative to the cam lobes. To make things worse most new lifters don't have a harder stellite foot on them coupled with cam blanks that aren't as touch as the stuff that was made in the 80's. If you take those three factors, and through on some super stiff springs, you're begging for a problem.

That being said, weak valve springs have beat up more valve trains than stiff ones.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1379861145084.jpg
    1379861145084.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 212