OIl additive ZDDP, for those who use it!

How affective is the lucas oil brand zinc plus as oppsosed to the zddp? would i need to use more ounces to an oil change of the lucas than the zddp? I just get tired of having to order the zddp & auto zone stocks the lucas. Any thoughts?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Say guy's I support our venders, I and my son have spent several thousand dollors at kirbens in the last several months. If need be I'll post my name if needed, just saw this cheap item and wanted to help members out! never thought I'd start a nasty thread! if I find something else cheap I'll just keep to myself!

Also shows he is a new member....also while I agree other products exist the amount you save between various products amounts to what $4 or so?

we give free shipping when you buy 2 bottles or more.

Also as many of you realize the product I represent zddplus as does other buick vendors who are on this forum, it was developed by Richard Clark who most realize has done so very much for the Turbo Buick community over the years.

Also zddplus is carried by Erson cams and others.

Again I am not knocking other products just wanting to make sure where loyaties should lie.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

From what I have read, been told and understand, the detergent level in the oil works against the desirable extreme pressure properties that zinc provides. So just adding ZDDP or any Zinc additive to just any oil doesn't guarantee protection. Lower levels of detergent and higher levels of ZDP are what ALL flat tappet engines need to keep the cam lobes happy.

Just tried to order 2 bottles and when i go to checkout, it still has shipping calculated into the total, on the confirm order page. Is this supposed to happen?

i was pulling engines that were built in the early 70's apart in the late 80's, and most of them had cams with mostly round lobes on them... that was back when the oil was still "good", and these were completely stock engines (mostly Chev small blocks, but there was the odd Mopar LA small block and various Ford engines thrown in there) with valvesprings that you could damn near push open by hand.
so cams going flat is nothing new.. maybe the additives help, but it's also possible that the changing oil formulations might not have been the root cause of cams going flat and the additives just mask some other underlying issue.

so i'll ask again, what is so special about a turbocharged Buick engine compared to any other flat tappet internal combustion engine ever made that requires a special additive package? what laws of physics are different in these engines compared to other engine families? how come i hardly ever read about cams in V8 engines going flat any more, and how come some cams still go flat after adding stuff to the oil?
25 + YEARS LATER,NOT MANY DAILY DRIVERS(CARS) MOST OF THE CARS WE SEE FROM YESTERYEAR ARE AT CAR SHOWS,PEOPLE ARE NOT PUTTING THE MILES ON THESE CARS AS WE ONCE DID.. WE ALL KNOW THAT THE LATE 70' GM V8S HAD BAD CAMS,IT WAS COMMON,AGAIN,WE DROVE THOSE VEHICLES EVERY DAY... I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU,BUT $10.00 IS CHEAP INSURANCE TO ME.RICHARD DID HIS HOMEWORK ON THIS SUBJECT..

What I don't understand is why you would buy a similar product from outside our vendors to save $5.:confused: Go buy a ricer and buy everything from Target:p

What I don't understand is why you would buy a similar product from outside our vendors to save $5.:confused: Go buy a ricer and buy everything from Target:p

X2

I agree 100% with you Kevin!
Support the vendors on the board & the many people in the Turbo Buick community who continue to do the R&D and offer parts for these unique cars. We'd all be lost without them.

dave

Yeah Eastwood is offering this through an email I got from them called Employee pricing discount. Can only use the discount if you use the link in the email. I usually just pick up ZDDP when I go to Kirbans open house events.

$5.00 LESS, YOUR STILL NOT GETTING THE SAME STUFF THOUGH!!!AGREE WITH SUPPORT OF VENDORS,BUT ALSO DOES THE WORD "TRUST" CONE INTO PLAY?

When u buy a few things every couple of years no big deal
When u spend a s--t load of money. $5 here $20there adds up quick pretty soon u just throw away a new turbo or front mount. Support is great. But think out side the box do some homework. U will be surprised what u can find