Official Noah's Mad Max Gn complete engine build...

...yep the downpipe is from Gn1 performance...nice dp imo...and no track times here and wont be till next season as winter is here now...not to mention i havent got the car back yet from school !!!!!!!...

...turns out a snap ring for the non-lock up valve conversion didnt hold and it dropped into the pan and kind of smelled like the clutches fried...so they sent it off to the trans shop ...they have rebuilt it using the performance internals i bought for it ...went to the school today and ill finally have it at the end of this week...then time for cleaning it up ...working out bugs and tuning it....

...i also have another 87 gn hardtop coming into the shop this week that im putting together for someone so that should be fun...i need to find some rims tires for the beast...any ideas?...thanks noah.

Tires and rims for which beast, yours or the 'someone' you mentioned.
And a quick question. You spent all that time and money, on a top of the line (or dam near anyways) girldled block buildup, and you threw stock headers on it? Are these headers ported at all? Just curious.
Nice job overall on the documentation. It must have took a lot out of you. I know it would have beat me up. You must have a lot of patience. So I must admit, you accomplished what you started out to do. Make me green with envy lol. One day I'll have the time and talent to hook my own up.

...i would like to get some light rims for my car and some decent tires ...ill be powdercoating the rims flat black as well...i started out with a 5k budget for the build and it now sits at 16k not including labour...so as far as headers go i just needed to get some on the engine as my year at school was up...and im undecided on which way to go on those as well...i can hold off spending another1100 bucks on headers for a bit anyway...as far as i know the stockers can run in the tens anyway so whats the rush??? unless you have a set burning a whole in your pants your trying to give away...now get back to your engine i can hear it screaming neglect from here...

...back to tires im thinking i just need nittos or mt's ...thing is it does rain here a lot and ill be driving the car a lot so is there any good tire thats going to give me a bit of the best of each ...letting the tires hook and not kill me in the rain???...any suggestions appreciated...thanks noah.

My first time looking into this thread, very nice updates on the build process and the pictures were great.

Not exactly "looking forward" to the first time I have to rebuild my engine, but on the other hand it does look like it can be fun, minus all the unplanned hassles.

As far as your question about tires, I honestly don't think you can have both ends of the spectrum. If you want awesome dry traction, you're going to have to be careful in the rain. If you want tires that can handle rainy roads, you may have to sacrifice dry launch traction.

Nice thread, had to read it from start to finish, great job on the build btw. Any updates?

Chuck

...thanks for the replies and i apologize for my absence i have been very busy with other things in my life...my car is on the road and has been for a few months now...there is a fairly short racing season here and i havent had any time to get it to the track yet...i have the boost turned up to about 15 and when it kicks in its a rocket ship lol...in fact i have no time for the car at all as i have a 21 month old daughter that is going to be taking all of my time (and money heh)...so with regret i have decided to sell the gn...i will be gathering all the receipts together and seeing what they total...i believe its going to be around 22k in new parts mostly for the engine some for the transmission and some on the suspension...i originally paid 11500 for the car...still needs a couple of things like a new headliner and a couple more gauges but other than that this one is done...so roughly the total to date is around 34k...now i know i wont get that but it i will be asking somewhere in the ballpark...basically try to recoup what i can for the parts and car and give the 8 months of blood, sweat and tears labour it took to build away...so if anyone is interested or may know someone you can message me here and ill get the details together...thanks to everyone who contributes to this board i have learned so much here and couldnt have done this build without you...i spent countless hours on here for the year i was in school gathering info...thanks kindly ...noah.

...short update...car was stored for winter and she's out again...bought headliner so interior is next along with a head retourque...will be checking every nut and bolt as well and finally an engine detail leading up to me listing it for sale...within the next month i should have it down the track a couple times so ill list that with the ad as well...thanks all...noah.

I just caught your thread and I'm sorry you have to sell it. Hope you do as well in this crappy market though.

good to see you back on the board, Noah.

...short update...car was stored for winter and she's out again...bought headliner so interior is next along with a head retourque...will be checking every nut and bolt as well and finally an engine detail leading up to me listing it for sale...within the next month i should have it down the track a couple times so ill list that with the ad as well...thanks all...noah.

I sent you a email a while back.
If you get a chance, can you call?
thanks
Jim

I have a nice set of lightweight black Barrett rims 7" & 8"s-$200. If you need them-3 3/4" backspace fit perfect.

Actually if they all black rims I might be u in vancouver or stateside? Can u send me pics? Thanks noah.

Still not sure if I should take it apart and sell it in parts or as awhole but cant keep storing it everywhere.

To bad you can't enjoy the fruit of all that labor, build is very similar to mine, except it's better with the steel crank and k1 rods. Good luck with your decisions!

Chuck