OFFICIAL 2014 TSM RULES DISCUSSION

Jim gets on here.

Technically we made some changes last year, so shouldn't be doing this for another year. Iron heads have yet to go any where near the mph of alum heads at the current weights.
You mean 1 aluminum head car. All other Tsm cars are about the same mph.

Sack, are you the man in charge of tsm now or is jw?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was just wondering if you had taken the class over.

That's why the question was asked, not everybody knows these things.

I vote for no changes.

-Weights are good as seen by the two top performing cars at BG..(within .1-.15 ET avg)
I've run both 71 turbo @ 3450 and 67 turbo @ 3350 to prove that point. Identical times with both combos (8.81 BG 2012 - 8.81 BG 2013)
John Plog went 8.96 with a big wheelie with irons at ~3260, little less wheelie and it will be 8.80-8.90 range.
Walt J went 9.20s, Randy A has been 9.20s, etc at heavier weight.

-Exhaust removal, wastegate changes, or 4 bolt turbos will increase power... alot.. IT WILL make cars faster than they are now.
Keep full exhaust and wastgate into DP
Keep three bolt Buick style housing rule to limit exhaust wheel size

-The "Turbo Plug" was supposed to be shipped back to me from Sully but I still haven't seen it. I do have the rings for the 71/67 compressor wheels if needed.

The only limit we have right now in the class is the exhaust housing/wheel combination. Remove that, you remove BP and make more HP..
I've tested so many different things to prove to myself that the rules/weights are pretty dang close, and they are..

That's my opinion based on facts, Carry on.

Sack thanks for leading this discussion... I told you what would happen ;)

FYI if you want your fastest time updated PLEASE email timeslip info to turbostreetmodified @ gmail.com

Sack thanks for leading this discussion... I told you what would happen ;)

What happened?

My intent was to discuss this early so people have time over the winter to make changes if needed. I'm helping with a local car and he is waiting to buy parts based on the rules.

On the other hand, it would be cool to build a car that could fit the rules for other local classes at the same time. It is getting hard to justify building a car for what seems to be 1 to 2 races a year now.

This makes sense. Rebuilding my car, does not look like it will fit TSM. Has 109, but 4 bolt 71. No exhaust and gated to atmosphere, and going to be light!! Outlaw TSM TTFMF. lol. Would be nice to see TSM align with some local and national rules. I Have never raced any TSM, but did local X275 race, would like to though. Good luck to all..