OFFICIAL 2014 TSM RULES DISCUSSION

I think the weight break for the 67 turbo needs to go. Jason proved at bowling green that is not a disadvantage. I would also like to see it a 109 class only again.
We need a way to check turbo's without a protest money. Should not have to pay to plug a turbo.

On the other hand, it would be cool to build a car that could fit the rules for other local classes at the same time. It is getting hard to justify building a car for what seems to be 1 to 2 races a year now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Any changes, if any, need to be voted on. Need to put together a list of items to vote on, and we can do it public, like TSO did last year, or by PM.
I believe Mike is making a turbo plug.

No stage motors ( so far it has raised car count by 1 at 1 race)
No weight break for 67 mm turbo ( or any turbo smaller than the biggest allowed)
No turbo protest rule. ( should not have to pay to police a rule)
Weights iron 3300 and aluminum 3450
I am speaking for Tim before it comes up. It is my car and my hard work. He is just my driver

3450 for aluminum is what we have to weigh now. 3200 is the weights for iron heads. Do you think that an iron head car needs 250lb break over aluminum? If you run irons and a 67 then it is 350lbs. I don't want to race a 3100lb car at 3450

Judging by John and Walt's performances, I'd say irons are right where they need to be.

Walt, take the beer out of the trunk before you go over the scales...

You mean i don't have to weigh 3440#

Your faster at almost the same weight. Your proof that no big weight break is needed.
We are running about the same at about the same weight. Funny that me and Tim were discussing you when you posted

Bowling Green had a good turnout. Only a couple of those racers attend more than 1 or 2 races. We attend all races and the out come of this thread will determine if we attend any.

On the stage motor adding car count Iv got two customers that we are building for TSM so yes it's going to add cars. And I see more coming too. 4 bolt would be grate and open waste gate weight looks to be right on where it is.

On the stage motor adding car count Iv got two customers that we are building for TSM so yes it's going to add cars. And I see more coming too. 4 bolt would be grate and open waste gate weight looks to be right on where it is.

It has always been my opinion that stage motors belong in TSO. This was a 109 class and now it is a big cluster f*ck.
You are going to lose the 109 cars slowly because the stage motor cars. What kinda bragging rights are there to beating up on a 109 with a stage motor? I still say we need 2 classes (Outlaw TSM and TSM).

Jim gets on here.

Technically we made some changes last year, so shouldn't be doing this for another year. Iron heads have yet to go any where near the mph of alum heads at the current weights.

It has always been my opinion that stage motors belong in TSO. This was a 109 class and now it is a big cluster f*ck.
You are going to lose the 109 cars slowly because the stage motor cars. What kinda bragging rights are there to beating up on a 109 with a stage motor? I still say we need 2 classes (Outlaw TSM and TSM).
That's the problem now is car count and that's what we are trying to do is more cars and busting up in more classes is just going to make it worse. Like I said Iv got at least two more cars with stage engines that are in process now and I'm sure more soon. We are not making any money racing its all about fun and hanging out and us as whole racing each other in this class and busting each other ass and having FUN! That's just my take on it.