# of 87 Limiteds with moonroof?

MY6ISQWK

I know there was 1035 limited TRs in 1987 but does anyone know how many were produced with factory moonroofs?

My 86 T-type has and astroroof and it did leak when I first bought it, but I changed the seal (PITA) and it hasn't leaked since and that was 5 years ago. I really couldn't care less if the astroroof was there or not, as long as it doesn't leak. Heck, I don't ever use the damn thing anyway. I do open it every few months to wipe the seal down with a damp rag so it doesn't dry out on me.

GM didn't keep track of information like that. You might be able to find out how many Regals got the astroroof but no breakdown on how many Limiteds have it. I would say if you have a Limited with one consider yourself lucky. I don't see to many Limiteds with holes in the roof whether it be astroroof or T-tops.

I have one:mad: What a leaking piece of crap. The best part of that hole in the roof is the drains dumping water inside the trunk:confused: gm could have run them out a little farther than they did. I ran the hose all the way out the bottom of the quater when I replaced my seal.Then I repaired the rusted quater and seam behind the seat.

I have one:mad: What a leaking piece of crap. The best part of that hole in the roof is the drains dumping water inside the trunk:confused: gm could have run them out a little farther than they did. I ran the hose all the way out the bottom of the quater when I replaced my seal.Then I repaired the rusted quater and seam behind the seat.

Thats weird? If I take some Rustcheck etc & spray the 4 corners of my astro roof it drips out at the 4 corners under the car. Maybe your drains were broken or plugged or ???

My car came with one from the factory.

One rear drain was positioned to go right into the trunk. :eek:

Took me 3 rainstorms and one trip to the dealer to fix it. :rolleyes:

I found it myself after finding the hoses. :p

One was right, one obviously wasn't. ;)

I have a silly question for you guys as I am awaiting the delivery of my car and have never owned one with an astroroof.

Does the astroof affect the headroom at all in the car? I remember back in the day when a friend of mine had an 80's Lincoln LSC. If I remember correctly, the placement of the motor killed the head room when sitting in the rear seats.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Me. :wink:

3 limited Moon roofs here & have had 4 Limited moon roofs at once.
I have 15 moon roof cars now. It is no different then a roof on a home. Every 10-15 or 20 years you have to replace. In other words you have to do maintanence on them.

MY6ISQWK the motor is up front by the windshield no clearance on problems.

The motor is not in the way but you do loose approx. 2 inches in head room as compared to a hardtop car.
That is from the whole Astroroof track and pan assembly; plus the headliner it all adds up.

Its not noticable in the back. It must have a very slight angle up to meet the the top of the rear glass and all the molding attachments.
Some tall guys have commented on how there is a loss of headroom in the drivers seat, even some discussion that a power seat and Astroroof were two options that werent allowed to be together(NOT true BTW).
But Like I said that Track and pan assembly bolts in there and it cuts on overall headroom.