# of 87 Limiteds with moonroof?

I Installed A Complete Roof Skin,and Factory Astro Roof In My Gn. There Is A Loss Of Headroom,again, Not Too Noticable. The Factory Drain System Is A Joke, They Run The Drains Into The Bottom Of The Qtrs. I Drilled The Inner Rocker In Two Places,primed The Drille Area(sealed) And Installed 2 Gromets Per Side,i Run My Hoses Out The Inner Rocker,thatway The Water Will Run Completely Out Of The Car... It Was A Good Bit For Work,but Worth It..

Thats weird? If I take some Rustcheck etc & spray the 4 corners of my astro roof it drips out at the 4 corners under the car. Maybe your drains were broken or plugged or ???

The drains on mine were about 5 inches above inner wheel house. the big problem with mine is ziebart plugged the holes on the rear quarters when they under coated it. If you look up in side the trunk towards the top of the quarters you will see the hose taped to the inside of the body. I am sure they were all the same. I just ran the hose all the way down and out bottom of quarter. the worst part was the seam behind the rear seat were the seatbelts mount.It ws all filled with pin holes.

My car will be arriving tomorrow.

It is also a Limited so the seats are that soft velour.

I figured that the power seat track might hurt the headroom as well.

Can someone take a picture of where their drain hoses are? I'm painting the car and installing all new seals so I want to make sure I get the sunroof in check!

The drains on mine were about 5 inches above inner wheel house. the big problem with mine is ziebart plugged the holes on the rear quarters when they under coated it. If you look up in side the trunk towards the top of the quarters you will see the hose taped to the inside of the body. I am sure they were all the same. I just ran the hose all the way down and out bottom of quarter. the worst part was the seam behind the rear seat were the seatbelts mount.It ws all filled with pin holes.

Got my curiosity up on these drains so I went out to hunt them down. Wanted to make sure mine were not plugged up.
I can't seem to find them, looked inside the trunk up in all around the wheel wells with a flashlight....I don't any sort of drain line. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct area. Should I see them exiting on the underside somewhere? Thanks, Jim

My Limited T arrived today.

There wasn"t a headroom issue for me due to the astroroof.

I might be crazy but it seems that the velour split bench seats allow me to sit lower in the car than the usual buckets.

Got my curiosity up on these drains so I went out to hunt them down. Wanted to make sure mine were not plugged up.
I can't seem to find them, looked inside the trunk up in all around the wheel wells with a flashlight....I don't any sort of drain line. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct area. Should I see them exiting on the underside somewhere? Thanks, Jim

Mine were taped to the body towards the front of the inner wheel house maybe 5 to 8 inches above it.It is a 7/16 hose. I parted an 87 cutlass and when i removed the sunroof the hoses were about three feet long. Might sound goofy but do you have an astro roof a or just a pop up type sun roof. Pop up type does not have drain tubes. look at the bottom of the a pillars and you will see the front hoses coming out

I might be crazy but it seems that the velour split bench seats allow me to sit lower in the car than the usual buckets.

Yep. Power seat is good...if only because you can tilt it back. And I do believe the power seat when adjusted to all of its lower limits sits about 1/4-3/8" closer to the floor.

Hi,
Are all you guys taller than I am? I'm Danny Devito's size, so I have no problems with headliners.Regarding the issue with moonroofs,it sounds like Ttops times two. You know,ASC probably had a hand in this.Fix the rust, seal the system,and never open it again.That, unfortunately, is my advice. Good luck!

even some discussion that a power seat and Astroroof were two options that werent allowed to be together(NOT true BTW).

I disagree! I had the car ordered thru the VP of GM Canada with "special" options including no front hood ornament which was deleted with a GN header panel BUT the Power Seat was NOT installed due to the Astro Roof option. I installed 2 power seats in front myself later on but the factory wouldnt do it! How many cars have Astro Roof & Factory installed Power seat? None would be my guess unless 1 slipped by somehow?

PS: With my racing helmet on, I just lower & tilt back the seat some & there is Lots of Room. I'm only 5' 10" but when seat is tilted the helmet clears easily.

Well since this was brought up, I will chime in again. My T-type has both an Astro Roof and power seat option. Don't know if there was a difference between the 86-87 models, but I have checked my option codes and they check out. I've also got the push button air controls.

Mine were taped to the body towards the front of the inner wheel house maybe 5 to 8 inches above it.It is a 7/16 hose. I parted an 87 cutlass and when i removed the sunroof the hoses were about three feet long. Might sound goofy but do you have an astro roof a or just a pop up type sun roof. Pop up type does not have drain tubes. look at the bottom of the a pillars and you will see the front hoses coming out

No she's the factory Astro roof. I'll look again. Thanks

No she's the factory Astro roof. I'll look again. Thanks

Mine leaked slightly 4 yrs or so ago when I bo't my 87 GN. Replaced seal around "Factory" glass panel & no leaks since. I also purchased a frame-to-roof gasket (I believe discontinued several years back...)--but hope to h3ll I never need it!

Astroroof and power seat in a Limited

My car has both the astroroof and the power seat option, as ordered from the factory so my codes check out as well.

Years ago on the original "GN T-Type Mailing List" this was a huge debate. Some even thought that it was a "canada Only" option but even now as more info surfaces we find that is perhaps not true.

I agree with what turbofish38 had mentioned, I think the power seat is actually lower than manual seats. I was in a limited with manual seats over the weekend and I noticed the seat was higher than I had been used to and couldn't adjust it lower.......

I disagree! I had the car ordered thru the VP of GM Canada with "special" options including no front hood ornament which was deleted with a GN header panel BUT the Power Seat was NOT installed due to the Astro Roof option. I installed 2 power seats in front myself later on but the factory wouldnt do it! How many cars have Astro Roof & Factory installed Power seat? None would be my guess unless 1 slipped by somehow?

There is a thread on this out there lots of Astro roof and power seat combos are out there. I owned two myself, an 85 hot air T and my current GN.

My 87 blue turbo regal limited with the astroroof option has a power seat, what are the option codes and i will report back if its a factory built setup.

It has the driveline in it now, man what a beast :eek:

BW

Attachments

• 100_3940 (Small).jpg
    100_3940 (Small).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 90