O.K. It's been asked before but....

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
Will removing the front sway bar really help my 60' time? I've done a search and some say it will and some say it won't. I just don't understand. My car is no longer a daily driver, so I may remove it permenantly if it really help me get into the freggin 11's. I have 2 airbags, which I fill up to 15 on DS and 27 on the PS, pinion snubber, and MT ET Drags size 10X26X15 (11 Psi in each) and I'm launching with 10 psi and I just go all over the palce till about the 120' mark. My best 60' to date is a 1.86 launching with 10 psi.

How can I manage a low 1.7 at least with this car?

TIA

what does your suspension look like other than the air bags?

do you have new shocks, springs or what?

stock control arms?

body bushings, body supports (like the x-support in the trunk)?

lose the pinion snubber....

is your posi working or do you have one?

removing the front sway bar will be counter productive until other things are corrected

My car definately transfers weight better without the front swaybar.
I agree that it's a bandaid solution for improper suspension setup, but hey, whatever works........

[/i]what does your suspension look like other than the air bags?[/QUOTE] ...thats it, just air bags

[/i]do you have new shocks, springs or what?[/QUOTE]...New shocks in the back (Monroe) everything else has been on their since I bought the car 1 and 1/2 years ago

[/i]stock control arms?[/QUOTE] ....yup

[/i]body bushings, body supports (like the x-support in the trunk)?[/QUOTE] ...stock, and they kinda DO look like they have 157K miles...

[/i]lose the pinion snubber....[/QUOTE]... you sure?

[/i]is your posi working or do you have one?[/QUOTE]...posi works great, awesome unit.

[/i]removing the front sway bar will be counter productive until other things are corrected [/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I see what I should work on first.
Thanks.

Why lose the pinion snubber?
I put the taller snubber on so it would hit the frame sooner.
It's there to prevent the differential from going up to high and having your wheels hop isn't it?

The snubber can make traction worse if it is too long. You don't want the rear end loading up, then bouncing back down off the snubber, it will cause serious wheel hop.
Too long of a snubber will decrease your suspension travel as well. It's easy enough to take off/put on, so try it and see what happens.
My sig was with the driver airbag at 10psi/pass at 22psi with a 3" long pinion snubber, no wheel hop or bouncing.
Boxing your control arms doesn't hurt either.

WSLN6, can you run down your list of susp mods.
You and I have almost identical combos and run the same MPH only I cant launch :mad:
My suspension is totally stock on DR's, did you use slicks?
I am going to be boxing my control arms soon, and next time I will have airbags also.
Thanks

I was running 12.10-12.11 and did get a 12.05 best on one of my race outings so on the next run I thought I'd get it into the 11's if I disconnected the sway bar.. NOPE... it ran another 12.1x... So now I leave mine on...

The best way to find out is try it..

ks;)

I don't have a whole lot as far as suspension mods is concerned....

3" Pinion snubber(home made)
Poly bushings in lower arms and boxed.I could only hold 10psi boost at the line before boxing them, and 14psi after.
S-10 wheel cylinders
Triangle front frame brace
Rear seat brace
No front sway bar
Airbags (10psi driver, 22psi pass.Weak old stock rear coils)
Worn out Monroe Sensatracs in the back(Weird, only 2000 miles on them)
Left the line with about 12psi (about 3000 rpm).
I could have left with more, but I was afraid of spinning.
I am running E.T streets(26/10.5/15 on the stock T rims) with 15psi in them, 45psi in the front 235/60's