HR ?

hensleyt

Nov 17, 2009
Add bookmark
Also, with cars that have the stock rear HOUSING, the instant center isn't in a good spot. Seems to help to keep airbags in & run them at low pressure & even side to side (with our swaybar). Something like 5psi each side seems to do the trick. The rearend tries to come up into the car, which makes it LOOK like the rear squats & is pushing down on the rearend, but it's actually the other way around. The bags will help keep the weight on the rearend for traction. If over 5psi seems to be needed, I would get our airbag spacers (HR-0350) and try 3psi or 5 psi with those. Get too much air & they work like a basketball & hurt the launch.

I read this on a old post Paul wrote 10 years ago. I just ordered my HR bar to help my 60 and want to get the most out of it. I have a set of bags I’ve never used , and two sets of springs , new stock from moog three years old , on the car and what looks like OEM cargo spring on the shelf. KYB’s almost new too. This is what I have.
This is my questions
1. should I install the bags and in what set of springs?
2. Should I not install the bags but run what spring?

I have had a hard time planting the tires at anything over 10 psi best 60 is at15 psi 3000 rpm 1.704. I can hold 20 @ 3500 but smoke the tire.