NY Emissions without Cat

Sal Lubrano

Do you think it is possible to pass NY State emissions without a Catalytic on the dyno. Aside from the visual inspection can it get passing numbers? The car passes every year I will post last years results tommorow.

If you car is in good running condition yes it will pass I have run many cars with no cats (gutted cats to be technical) and passed with out an issue

Sal Lubrano said:
Do you think it is possible to pass NY State emissions without a Catalytic on the dyno. Aside from the visual inspection can it get passing numbers? The car passes every year I will post last years results tommorow.

I have a hard time thinking it's going to pass. I just passed NYS Inspection a few weeks ago with a 3" cat and it's not going to be easy with the setup you have. With that much stall, the rpms are going to be up the entire time especially when they reach the hill climb portion and HC is going to go up. Did you have this setup last year when you passed? My car has passed both years and all I did was lower fuel pressure from 45 to 40, but I have a 3" cat.