NVU gauge cluster installation.

Mine should be here Monday
2014-01-22 15.34.51.jpg

Steve, we'll all be glad when you can get your paws on them to decipher all this stuff!! Plus, I hope they were free for you. (none of our business and don't tell, I just hope they were)

I see someone here did the 1969 series. That's going to definitely be cool and much different. Whoever ordered them, speak up!

Steve, we'll all be glad when you can get your paws on them to decipher all this stuff!! Plus, I hope they were free for you. (none of our business and don't tell, I just hope they were)

I see someone here did the 1969 series. That's going to definitely be cool and much different. Whoever ordered them, speak up!

You know I ALWAYS have to be different.... One reason why I bought a limited. ; ) and mine will definitely look different.... Will post photos when they arrive and I start to get things rolling

Dude, that's awesome. I felt gutsy going with the Redline series! That's going to look great man, congrats!

Posted some more info on the 1st page.

Hi Steve, Is there any chance you could post up step by step instructions? Maybe make it like "NVU CLUSTER INSTALL FOR DUMMIES" for us guys that are lacking the confidence to do this install.

I know this has been quite the process for you. I am sure everyone is grateful and we all really appreciate all you have done to make this happen!

Maybe a video? Lol.

Hi Steve, Is there any chance you could post up step by step instructions? Maybe make it like "NVU CLUSTER INSTALL FOR DUMMIES" for us guys that are lacking the confidence to do this install.

I know this has been quite the process for you. I am sure everyone is grateful and we all really appreciate all you have done to make this happen!

Maybe a video? Lol.
I didnt even get my cluster yet.....

I didn't get mine yet either. But I'm like a kid waiting for SantaClaus. Can't wait. I was probably the last one to order.

I added a 4th connector for all the programming buttons. I was going to put them by the light switch but decided to put them where the ash tray is instead. I'll still put the dimmer and trip reset by the light switch.

I'll have everything together by Tuesday at the latest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
I added a 4th connector for all the programming buttons. I was going to put them by the light switch but decided to put them where the ash tray is instead. I'll still put the dimmer and trip reset by the light switch.

I'm confused about your 4th connector- if you spliced all of them together, when you try to program an individual gauge.... Won't you activate all of them - I'm sure you want individual control over them... Maybe I'm misreading this, I haven't had my morning coffee, please explain.

Aaron

I'm confused about your 4th connector- if you spliced all of them together, when you try to program an individual gauge.... Won't you activate all of them - I'm sure you want individual control over them... Maybe I'm misreading this, I haven't had my morning coffee, please explain.

Aaron
You're right, it wouldn't work if all of them were spliced together. I got a 12 pin connector from NVU identical to the other 3 and used 10 of the 12 pins for the 5 programing buttons.

You're right, it wouldn't work if all of them were spliced together. I got a 12 pin connector from NVU identical to the other 3 and used 10 of the 12 pins for the 5 programing buttons.
Gotcha.... Like I said, didn't have my coffee yet and was looking at the img on a phone.... Thanks for the clarification

Aaron

On a side note- I tracked my pkg and it should be here today!!! :woot woot:

I found it easier for the cluster install when I rerouted the 2 and 3 plug pointing below the vacuum gauge instead of pointing up. There's a wire bundle conduit behind the cluster that gets sandwiched between the cluster and the vent duct. I found there to be more room to route the wires between the wire bundle conduit and the steering wheel column than smashed between the new cluster and the wire bundle conduit.... Something to consider