Cam Position Sensor...

MRW487

I will be needing one soon and I found one on Rock Auto. Are they worth buying or should I look elsewhere?

Here are the specs:

Features:

• Validation tested from -40 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Life-cycle tested to meet or exceed OE specifications
  • OE-style brackets, hold downs, hardware, spacers and weather-tight connectors
Benefits:

• Proper alignment, positioning and spacing for faster, easier installation
  • Sensor is properly sealed to prevent leaks, which reduces comebacks
  • Sealed connections to prevent environmental corrosion and performance issues
  • Direct OE replacement
  • Performs as well as or better than OE
  • Longer component life
Airtex Camshaft/Crankshaft Sensor Features, Benefits, & Repair Tips
Connector Gender Female
Connector Quantity 1
Connector Shape Oblong
Grade Type Regular
Mounting Bracket Included No
Terminal Quantity 3
Terminal Type Bullet
Wire Quantity 3
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 213143, 25516915, 25518357, SU164

AIRTEX/WELLS Warranty Information
3 years/36,000 miles; Advantech parts- 12 months/12,000 miles

Thanks. I wasn't really sure how many options I would have when I decided to order one. I didn't want to buy an inferior sensor and realize later I screwed up.

I have acouple cam sensors if u r still needing one

Just send yours out to be fixed. 79.00 if i remember correctly. GNS Preformance,Scott. Even if you buy new one send him your old one for a spare.

Thanks for the responses guys. I just noticed that there was a ticking sound that wasn't there the last time I started it a few days ago. When I put my fingers on the cap I feel a slight vibration almost in harmony with the ticking and it is definitely coming from that area. I started up Dad's GN today and I didn't feel any noticeable vibration or pulses or anything coming from his sensor cap. I like the idea of getting mine rebuilt. I have a cam fix module in the glovebox. Do they really work as advertised? I see conflicting info on how long I should drive with it installed. One ad says for emergency use to get the car home and another says use it indefinitely. Personally I wouldn't use it any longer than the trip to the garage.

Cam fix module allows you to start car and run in batch firing mode( limp mode ).this will get you home in an event your cam sensor fails. Not optimal for precision tuning or operation.

FYI the new replacement sensors have a lesser retention tab on the reluctor wheel that has a high failure rate. I would rec updating that area even on a new assembly. Message if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your looking for a new cam sensor, I have them in stock. I will upgrade the mounting for free if you request. Let me know 516-285-1103

Are the NOS ones ok? I bought one from you David months ago. Do I need to replace anything on it?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk