NVU gauge cluster installation.

On the yellow 2 pulse sender are the 2 wires. One goes to ground and the other goes to VSS. Does the original VSS get unplugged when we remove the factory gauge panel, I'm thinking the obvious yes.
Unplug the factory VSS or the signal you send the ECM will be ignored.

Question: What plug are we looking to tap into, and specifically which wire? Pictures would be awesome as I "think" 2 plugs go into the original VSS?
I planned on unplugging the VSS behind the I/P left of the radio area and tapping into the brown wire there. If you have cruise that you want to run, the red wire at the same location needs a signal feed too.
Digital dashes should have a wire up there already at the I/P .

Question: Does the white wire coming off the 3-wire sender go to plug #2, wire #1 ORANGE ??
I am not sure I would have to have the dash in front of me. It may be a typo.

Question: Are any of you guys planning to use the Casper's Dash Mate Plug? I will be using it and am in the process of labeling where all the wires go in an excel sheet. I want to share this with all of you but am trying to collect as much info as I can before posting it up. I still have many questions.
I am using the dash mate connector too.
VSS.png

I planned on unplugging the VSS behind the I/P left of the radio area and tapping into the brown wire there. If you have cruise that you want to run, the red wire at the same location needs a signal feed too.
Digital dashes should have a wire up there already at the I/P .

I am not sure I would have to have the dash in front of me. It may be a typo.

I am using the dash mate connector too. View attachment 212708
Interesting, I guess there's more than 1 way to skin a cat! Just for clarification the VSS and the VSS buffer are 2 different things. The VSS is in the stock speedo right next to where the speedo cable enters and it's an opto electric sender. The Buffer is the green box.

There are 3 wires that run from the VSS to the buffer. Those are the wires I cut and tapped the 2 pulse VSS into the green and black wires there. I left the Buffer in place. I've been running it like that for years.

Where are you working at? I live near the Fort Hood area and would be glad to bring my car by for you to have a look.
I'm working in Marble Falls on the new powerhouse. I'm working 7 nights a week but I'm generally up by 3pm. Thanks for the offer and I'll shoot a pm when I've got more time or I could run up your way.

If turbotroy, can't find it or what ever PM me your mailing address and I will mail you the service manual and another type as well

I have been conversing w/ Mr Warp6 about two issues the seat belt ylw/blk not being included in the instructions and how the caspers connector uses only one of the 2 pnk/blk POS wires for t gauge power.
So:
The seat belt has a dedicated ground which is specific to the seat belt circuit the ground leads from the dash, under the carpet, to to the belt buckle (female end) and if the seat belt is fastened the light never comes on. The Pos comes from the yellow/black wire coming from the chime module/convenience center which triggers the light and chime if on engine start, the belt isn't fastened.
If they use a steady ground the circuit will not work right.

As for the two Pnk/blk wires you can splice them together and feed the Red 12v wire on plug 1 you can also use one of the pnk/blk wires to power some of the NVU senders under the hood taht require power, this way you do not have to "add" any fused ignition wiring and it will work as if factory.

Also you digital dash guys have another small advantage with the purple 12v constant the digital dash has a orange 12v constant for the digital dash memory already at the C2 connector

Got home today from work and the menu buttons were sitting in the mailbox.:)

I can confirm that when you set a low or high warning that the gauge pointer flashes it's respective color to get your attention. It will also activate a warning light if a light is associated with the gauge, i.e. the little battery for the volt meter.

That is so cool. Based on this do you think I could set a high limit on the tach say at 5400rpm and the needle will flash? If so that would be sooooo awesome!

Where are you working at? I live near the Fort Hood area and would be glad to bring my car by for you to have a look.

That goes for anybody else in the central Texas area and would be glad to help with installation or anything else. You never know what you can learn from somebody and I don't claim to be an expert with these turbo Regals but I do try to help where I can and listen when I can't.

Hell, I've had my Buick for about a 18 months, it's been a steep learning curve and somedays I still feel like I'm at sea level.... Sometimes under water...

Will you come to Buffalo, NY please. I am gonna need A LOT of help. Lol

That is so cool. Based on this do you think I could set a high limit on the tach say at 5400rpm and the needle will flash? If so that would be sooooo awesome!
Looked at the tach manual and I don't see that function available for programming. It looks like the only thing you can do with the tach is set the dip switches to how many cylinders you're running in the vehicle. I'll bet some one has a way figured out to wire up a shift light....

Buffalo may be a stretch for a weekend trip especially with the weather this week...

Can the brown VSS and the red cruise be put together then connected to the 2-pulse speed sender?

If turbotroy, can't find it or what ever PM me your mailing address and I will mail you the service manual and another type as well
Sorry, I looked everywhere for it. It's probably in my console. Anyway I got mine on disc for like $20. I just pulled mine up and his email address is buickman@r00td0wn.net. Handy to have though cause just print the pages you need and if they get greasy, torn, whatever, just print some more

Sorry, I looked everywhere for it. It's probably in my console. Anyway I got mine on disc for like $20. I just pulled mine up and his email address is buickman@r00td0wn.net. Handy to have though cause just print the pages you need and if they get greasy, torn, whatever, just print some more
Thanks for looking! I hope to have my brake upgrade completed this weekend so I can calibrate this new speedometer. Maybe weekend after that, I can take a drive down to marble falls