NOTICE: To all without Alky injection.... ***READ***

I have been on the fence for a while about giving alcohol injection another try.

After much observation and deliberation,I have decided to give Razor's kit a try.I think his methanol injection is far better than the old setup I tried.I am impressed with what has been done with it.

I picked up a turbo T that I am putting a cheapie 4.1 together for,and as soon as I get the basic combo together it's getting a kit.

Should make for a fun street ride with good AC and no overheating using a stock location intercooler.I just want to maybe run some high 10's ,and from what I have seen,that's no problem.

Surprise,Razor!:eek:

Welcome to the darkside.:D

You guys are lucky to have a place to make some test n tune runs....There are no roads around here without traffic...Heck I would even drive to find one. They are either patrolled, busy, or crappy roads...Lucky guys

Jason

Considering how much I like the Alky, and how much I anticipate driving the car this Summer, I'm actually thinking about buying a 55gal drum of meth to keep in the garage. :D

That is actually a very good idea. After all you can never have enough alky!

so i ordered my alky kit from Juilo at the begining of the month...still waiting on it to come, I hope that the package isn't missing or something. But when she does come I can't wait to get her installed, I opt'ed for the dual nozzle kit and Razor was more then willing to work a deal. I have met Juilo and the east coast FL gang a few times while on vacation there. I got a FAST system, t66dbb, and some gn1's :) a bunch of other goodies too, well i think that the razors alky will love my set up and I CANT WAIT, litterally I CANT WAIT!!! I know its the best of the best and Juilo is a great guy and a very helpfull contributer to this board btw!!!

darkside

so i ordered my alky kit from Juilo at the begining of the month...still waiting on it to come, I hope that the package isn't missing or something.
darkside

FWIW...

I ordered my kit on a Friday, and rec'd it the following Friday.

Maybe yours is held up as part of a group buy ?

The kit I helped with last Sunday was ordered about a week prior to arriving, the kit I'm helping with this Sunday was ordered a little over a week ago and arrived today. I'm sure Julio could provide a tracking number if you're getting overly anxious;)

XxDarkSidexX, how do you like that t66dbb? I've been throwing around the idea of a PT67bb since I could continue to use my 3200 9x11, and have been hearing great things about the bb turbos.

Bah im not worried, I was VERY lucky in the deal I got from Juilo and the group buy im sure he didn't forget to send it. But i am just more worried about it like missing or something from the mail, or someone didn't jack it from the shipper. And yes your right i am probably over excited about this one. I have waited for years to get this kit no joke. Ask Razor, I met him FL 2 years ago when I was still playing around with bolt on low hp level gn. Now I have upped my game and guess who I called first......JUILO! I ordered my alky kit before I bought my turbo :) thats how excited I am about it. For years I have been following Razor and his road through the years. I can't say enough about how friendly and easy going, and honest those FL guys are.

Wish the westcoasters were more like the FL boys, I really enjoy my time with the FL guys when I visit. The whole community is pretty tight, and thats very comforting.

as for the 66dbb, I haven't run my car yet with it. I have a t66dbb, fast b2b, and a built engine from LOU, and his old customer John Leman it has; gn1s, je's, bored, 218 cam, 36-3800 stall artcar, front mount, 3" pipes, and pretty much all the bolt on goodies, tranny build by DRW(DON the man WANG) Suspension done by hotchiks. I hoping to hit 10's when I all done.

well also have to wait and see, i will be using no race gas and foot brake launches off a stock rear end(except hotchkis set).

It will be interesting I'll tell you that much i know for sure.

Thanks Julio!

while i am not totally tuned out my 2.6 liter, that'd be 158 cubic inches, rotary is making over 500 rwhp on two M10s.

no knock and 1100 F pre turbo egts! generally rotories make around 2-300 degrees more egt than piston engines.... there's probably a bit of tuning to do as 1550 is the target.

Alkycontrol hardparts and service are as good as it gets.

i look forward to the wisconsin snow melting and getting back to burning some methanol.

howard coleman

alky kits

i've seen a few alky kits out now seems like razor and smc are about the best looking any input into witch kit is best and what kind of price are we looking at ?

i've seen a few alky kits out now seems like razor and smc are about the best looking any input into witch kit is best and what kind of price are we looking at ?

you want a simple street car 475hp or less go SMC; you wanna come play with the big boys 500hp+ ALKYCONTROLL!

smc is awsome for the street

alky controlll is killer for straight up drag racing

just my 2 cents. NOT TO MENTION RAZOR IS freaking cool as hell and will help you, guide you, and make sure your satisfied with his product. Razor is very friendly and extremly helpfull! THUMBS UP FOR RAZOR!

darkside

I have no experience with the SMC kit, so I can't comment one way or the other.

All I can say is, Razor's kit works absolutely FANTASTIC. Smooth and seamless transition from zero to 27psi boost. No flat spots, no surging, no hesitation...NOTHING. It just plain works right out of the box. Spoolup has improved also. Much quicker than it was before.

His dual nozzle system cost me exactly $580 total, shipped to my door.

I can honestly say, it's the best money I've spent on the car yet.

I have had a few SMC kits here on cars I bought .. Melissa's GN was one of them .. car would go ok till the 1000' mark ... then had knock:mad: .. I sold it and replaced it with Julio's kit she had on her other WE4 .. everyone knows the rest of the story :cool:

I have no experience with the SMC kit, so I can't comment one way or the other.

All I can say is, Razor's kit works absolutely FANTASTIC. Smooth and seamless transition from zero to 27psi boost. No flat spots, no surging, no hesitation...NOTHING. It just plain works right out of the box. Spoolup has improved also. Much quicker than it was before.

His dual nozzle system cost me exactly $580 total, shipped to my door.

I can honestly say, it's the best money I've spent on the car yet.

Yullose,

At what level do you step up to the dual nozzle?

Can't wait to hook mine up :D. Yullose, I have a question for you. Did your car seem fine without the alky chip? I just can't afford to get a matching TT alky chip right now and have to make due with my standard TT 009 chip. Any problems or advice? I don't know how to adjust the fueling on it, so would I be alright to just leave things as is?

Yullose,

At what level do you step up to the dual nozzle?

Hehe...that's a good question. Probably best answered by Razor himself.

I figured whatever level that is, I'd eventually be there... So I just went for the dual nozzle right off the bat. :D
For the extra $35, I think it just leaves more room to grow.
The kit came with a M10 and M15 nozzle.

Can't wait to hook mine up :D. Yullose, I have a question for you. Did your car seem fine without the alky chip? I just can't afford to get a matching TT alky chip right now and have to make due with my standard TT 009 chip. Any problems or advice? I don't know how to adjust the fueling on it, so would I be alright to just leave things as is?

Honestly ? It ran so well on the Street chip, I was hesitant to put the Alky chip in. :D

While waiting for the Alky chip to arrive, I tried to duplicate it the best I could, by adding timing.(Approx 4 degrees)
Due to the cold weather, I also had to increase WOT fueling.(Approx 15%)

I had no trouble at all getting the boost up to 27psi, with zero knock and O2's in the 790's.

I did eventually stick the Alky chip in the car, but haven't had a chance to tune it since we got all this friggin ice on the roads. :cool: