NOTICE: To all without Alky injection.... ***READ***

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
GET IT NOW !!!

I ordered a dual nozzle kit from Julio... The Brown truck delivered it Friday.
I had all the underhood work done Friday night, and finished up all the underdash wiring today.
After a few test runs, I've got it pretty well dialed in... and all I can say is...

DAYUM !!!! :D

I can honestly say, the car feels as good, if not better than it did on C16 race fuel. I'm willing to bet the car will probably beat the race gas times it put down in November... If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say the car will run somewhere in the 10.70's-10.80's the way it sits now... on pump gas and Razor's alky system.
I didn't get the alky chip from Eric yet, so I made some adjustments to the 93 octane Street chip. I added 15% more WOT fuel to compensate for the 29 degree temps, and added 4.2 degrees of timing.
I only ever saw 1.4 degrees of knock on my first test run... So all I did was turn the knob up just a tad... and poof ! no more knock.
Boost is at 27 psi, O2's start out around 820, and settle down in the 780's at the top of 3rd gear.

I absolutely cannot believe how well this Alky stuff works.

Julio... You DA MAN !!! :D

If any of you guys are still "on the fence" and haven't decided to go with an Alky kit yet... What are you waiting for ?

This kit is without a doubt, the best $500 I've ever spent.

I had mine set up, dual nozzle, I hit it one day on the interstate and when the alky hit the cylinders, it felt like a big shot of NAWZZZZ It was sweet :biggrin:

What surprised me the most is how much it helped the spool-up...
It comes on so much faster, it almost feels like nitrous. :cool:

All I can say is... I'm 'gonna get myself into trouble with this thing... :D

Attachments

• DSC04512 (2).JPG
    DSC04512 (2).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • DSC04515 (2).JPG
    DSC04515 (2).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,212
Your gonna love it! I was going through one to two gallons a week of methanol when I was daily driving. It is the shizzle! And..... Julio is the man.

Two thumbs up for Julio!

You guys are tooo much.

Keep it safe will ya.. glad you liked the process ;)

Cheapest performance adder, PERIOD!

Estimated 8HP/lbs of boost increase (estimated)
Boost increase w/alky 10 PSI (easy)
HP increase @ 10psi = 80
Kit cost $500 (est)
At $6.25 /HP = No brainer/Untouchable. :biggrin:

Buying a proven TR kit, another no brainer.
Getting AWESOME service and TECH supprt, another no brainer.

Spanking other cars on the road = Priceless

Yeah yeah yeah.... You just better keep tuning on Melissa's car... I'm starting to catch you. :D

well ya have a few months to do it..its only 10 mph .. hit it with a 200 shot of Nahhhhz ;) .. just starting to work on hers... got busy with house stuff that HAD to be done NOW :rolleyes: we wanted to be testing with her new junk but its moving slow .. cold has finally hit us up here to .. not work motivated right now ... gonna stay away from the car suff for a bit till the interests comes back... like when it warms up !!! so you racing yet down there ??? :confused: :cool:

Bring it to BG...........We'll let the cars talk.....

I think we're going to OC MD that week for the big show/cruise...

Besides, I already know better than to tangle with a car that's a second faster then me. I need to step up my program first. :D
I also know better than to give someone 2 months to prepare for a match race. :D

Funny story...
There's a local guy that has raced me on several occasions... Each time, he calls me a good week or more in advance to "lock it in"...
That gives me the needed time to do some maintenance and give my car a "super-tune".
He hasn't won a single race against me yet. :D

I trust you and Grumpy handle things the same way I do. :cool:

Yea we got a lot to do too. I gotta hit Grumpy with the life support padals pretty soon..........He's movin like lava....... Tons of chit to do and he's yakin away on the internet..... GET THE MOTOR OUT!!!!

I will say once he starts movin, for an old dude he does ok.........

What are ya sayin? If we give you 2 months your gonna beat Melissa's car? I'm listenin............:D

Might just be the shock we need to revive Grumpy.........;)

So when are you going to get an alcohol solenoid for that N2O kit?:cool:

The nitrous system works just fine the way it is. :p

Honestly, I think I have everything I need right now to push the car close to the 9's, just don't have the durability needed for it to stay together.

I may jet the nitrous system down, and use it just to spool the turbo.

There's too many weak parts in this combination to throw everything at it at once.... I think it will be fine as long as I run one power adder at a time.

Eventually, with a stout bottom end and a little cleanup work in the heads, it should be ready to handle the boost, alky and nitrous all at the same time.

Not sure if I will be able to get to it this season or not... Too many other things going on.

all i gotta sat is welcome to the other side .. " the non c-16 side "

I'll tell you what... I'll be driving the car a whole helluva lot more now that it doesn't have a tank full of C16 in it. :D

You don't know how many times I walked into the garage and wanted to drive it to work... Only to say... NOPE... Not with $13/gal fuel in it. :cool:

I drove it around last night for an hour looking for trouble. :D

I'll tell you what... I'll be driving the car a whole helluva lot more now that it doesn't have a tank full of C16 in it. :D

You don't know how many times I walked into the garage and wanted to drive it to work... Only to say... NOPE... Not with $13/gal fuel in it. :cool:

I drove it around last night for an hour looking for trouble. :D

Welcome to the club... now you have a nice pit bull on a short leash ready at a moments notice.. wait till you start messing with timing and the tuneup.

Welcome to the club... now you have a nice pit bull on a short leash ready at a moments notice.. wait till you start messing with timing and the tuneup.

Let Eric cut him a chip..... he will be using the C16 he has left in his riding mower to mow his grass..... LOL .... cause the turbo regal won't need it.

Russ, Grumpy has nothing on me as far as procrastinating. Although I do have plans to do a little more work this upcoming weekend...