NOTICE: To all without Alky injection.... ***READ***

all i gotta say is welcome to the other side .. " the non c-16 side "

head1.gif

sweet another reason to apply to the DARKSIDE! Welcome to the Darkside....

think star wars got it wrong; Luke.....Akly is your real father! haha

Just helped a friend install his kit today, done in under 3 hours;) . Another friends kit should arrive this week. Hard enough to get a race as it was....

i have been up there about 3 times this year, took a loss to that white dart last time out......

I'll tell you what... I'll be driving the car a whole helluva lot more now that it doesn't have a tank full of C16 in it. :D

You don't know how many times I walked into the garage and wanted to drive it to work... Only to say... NOPE... Not with $13/gal fuel in it. :cool:

I drove it around last night for an hour looking for trouble. :D
Did you find any......:D

Did you find any......:D

Nope. Wrong time of the year for that I suppose...
At this time of year, the best I could hope for would be some dumb ricer kid or a punk in a Mustang.
No such luck... All was quiet in my neck of the woods. :D

Cheapest performance adder, PERIOD!

Estimated 8HP/lbs of boost increase (estimated)
Boost increase w/alky 10 PSI (easy)
HP increase @ 10psi = 80
Kit cost $500 (est)
At $6.25 /HP = No brainer/Untouchable. :biggrin:

Buying a proven TR kit, another no brainer.
Getting AWESOME service and TECH supprt, another no brainer.

Spanking other cars on the road = Priceless

Good way to approach it. Hmmm.

Eric said I should see my Alky chip shortly... I can honestly say, I'm almost afraid to upset the combination I have now.

Will the Alky chip be much different than the 93/street chip I have now ?

Like I said earlier, I've added about 15% WOT fuel and 4 degrees add'l timing to the chip...
Is it safe to assume the Alky chip will already have these adjustments by default and won't need much "tweaking" on my end ???

I'm just curious what the main difference is between the two chips.
I would have just emailed Eric, but he's a busy guy and I didn't want to bother him with silly questions...

Bring it up our way when the weather warms up. There's always some action going on. :cool:

Excuse me, other than FLAT OUT top speed Banzai Runs on the Reading ByPass theres ZERO action up here...now 20 miles South down futher on 422 ~ Pottstown, yea...

I've been going through Street Racing withdraw up here for 5 years now, coming from Northeast Philly and the Roosevelt Dragway!!! :biggrin:

Excuse me, other than FLAT OUT top speed Banzai Runs on the Reading ByPass theres ZERO action up here...now 20 miles South down futher on 422 ~ Pottstown, yea...

I've been going through Street Racing withdraw up here for 5 years now, coming from Northeast Philly and the Roosevelt Dragway!!! :biggrin:

Well... you 'sorta have a point... but from my vantage point "UP HERE" is Pottstown. I work in Pottstown, right on High Street, 6 days a week.

Reading is my home turf. And you are correct. Zero, zip, nada... No action in Reading at all.

The best "Test strip" I've found is the long concrete road that passes in front of the Oley dairy. I can do a few quick 1-2-3 short passes in my neighborhood on Carsonia Ave., but if I really want to run it a solid 1/4 mile, I 'gotta drive out to the dairy.

The best "Test strip" I've found is the long concrete road that passes in front of the Oley dairy. I can do a few quick 1-2-3 short passes in my neighborhood on Carsonia Ave., but if I really want to run it a solid 1/4 mile, I 'gotta drive out to the dairy.

Yup, I use that SAME Stretch fot T & T....and thanks for Finally Confirming what I've always seen, when I first moved up here in 2002 I would drive around for hours on a Saturday night (burning up ~10gals of C16) looking for the local Race Hangout...oh well...

Yup, I use that SAME Stretch fot T & T....and thanks for Finally Confirming what I've always seen, when I first moved up here in 2002 I would drive around for hours on a Saturday night (burning up ~10gals of C16) looking for the local Race Hangout...oh well...

Yep... just head straight to Pottstown. There's almost always "something" going on here if the weather is nice. Just be sure to come prepared... there are some heavy hitters in the area. :cool:

yullose How about we run them now..... Atleast it would be a fun race :D you guys get hit with alot of snow up there? We did around 80 miles on the quads down here today :)

GET IT NOW !!!

I ordered a dual nozzle kit from Julio... The Brown truck delivered it Friday.
I had all the underhood work done Friday night, and finished up all the underdash wiring today.
After a few test runs, I've got it pretty well dialed in... and all I can say is...

DAYUM !!!! :D

I can honestly say, the car feels as good, if not better than it did on C16 race fuel. I'm willing to bet the car will probably beat the race gas times it put down in November... If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say the car will run somewhere in the 10.70's-10.80's the way it sits now... on pump gas and Razor's alky system.
I didn't get the alky chip from Eric yet, so I made some adjustments to the 93 octane Street chip. I added 15% more WOT fuel to compensate for the 29 degree temps, and added 4.2 degrees of timing.
I only ever saw 1.4 degrees of knock on my first test run... So all I did was turn the knob up just a tad... and poof ! no more knock.
Boost is at 27 psi, O2's start out around 820, and settle down in the 780's at the top of 3rd gear.

I absolutely cannot believe how well this Alky stuff works.

Julio... You DA MAN !!! :D

If any of you guys are still "on the fence" and haven't decided to go with an Alky kit yet... What are you waiting for ?

This kit is without a doubt, the best $500 I've ever spent.

I have been on the fence for a while about giving alcohol injection another try.

After much observation and deliberation,I have decided to give Razor's kit a try.I think his methanol injection is far better than the old setup I tried.I am impressed with what has been done with it.

I picked up a turbo T that I am putting a cheapie 4.1 together for,and as soon as I get the basic combo together it's getting a kit.

Should make for a fun street ride with good AC and no overheating using a stock location intercooler.I just want to maybe run some high 10's ,and from what I have seen,that's no problem.

Surprise,Razor!:eek:

Your gonna love it! I was going through one to two gallons a week of methanol when I was daily driving. It is the shizzle! And..... Julio is the man.

Two thumbs up for Julio!

This is a comment I can relate to. I keep 13 gallons of methanol in my garage at all times. My wife is concerned that I have a addiction problem and I do it's called boost!:biggrin: At this rate I am going to have to work on a dual fuel tank setup so I do not have to fill the tank so frequently. This stuff is so amazing that most people will never understand unless they experience it first hand. It is also nice not having to replace O2 sensors all the time and buy that over priced fuel.

I have been on the fence for a while about giving alcohol injection another try.

After much observation and deliberation,I have decided to give Razor's kit a try.I think his methanol injection is far better than the old setup I tried.I am impressed with what has been done with it.

I picked up a turbo T that I am putting a cheapie 4.1 together for,and as soon as I get the basic combo together it's getting a kit.

Should make for a fun street ride with good AC and no overheating using a stock location intercooler.I just want to maybe run some high 10's ,and from what I have seen,that's no problem.

Surprise,Razor!:eek:

Remember way back when the ole saying of never buy a turbo car because they only have half the lifespan of a naturally aspirated car. Well those days are long gone and ALKY is NOT what it used to be either.
GO FOR IT! You will not be let down with the ALKY Control kit but beware you will be addicited to stuff just like the rest of us.:cool:

Considering how much I like the Alky, and how much I anticipate driving the car this Summer, I'm actually thinking about buying a 55gal drum of meth to keep in the garage. :D