NOTICE: To all without Alky injection.... ***READ***

You guys are too much.

Dual nozzle is typically when you can break ~124 in the 1/4.. or really pushing the car. The single should take most TR's into the 10's.. past that.. it needs more. Also depends how far off the car is from being knock free. See if the car can run low 11's on 93 by itself(GN1's, roller, 70 turbo, light weight, etc..), a single nozzle will take that same motor into the low 10's. Most of us dont run that.. so its a playing game with the tuning.

Hope this helps.

Julio

Razor, when I hook it up, is there any harm in leaving the guts on the default settings, as it was shipped? I'm a rookie, so I want to keep this as simple as possible (In other words, tune with the external knob and that's it). I don't want to be digging into the box and turning things with a screwdriver, 'cause I guarantee I'll screw everything up, lol.
I'm not looking for much, my goals are 11.7's-11.99's with a TA-49. I don't have the money and or ambition to really turn up the wick and punish parts too much. Plus, high 11's would be plenty fast for a weekend cruiser with a car seat in the back :D

Thats the point. Its plug and play. Leave the internal settings alone. It already comes drop in and go. cant be easier.

Cheers.. this is where you start understanding you get what you pay for. I dont send you a big question mark.

HTH

Julio

I will follow-up by saying... That's exactly what I liked most about the kit.

I installed it exactly as it came out of the box, turned up the boost and went for a ride. At 27psi, I saw 1.4 degrees of knock and a tad lean on the maiden voyage. I turned the knob from #5 to #6 and it was dead-on. Perfect O2's and ZERO knock.

The only way this system won't work "right out of the box" is if you fukkup the installation. :D

Thats the point. Its plug and play. Leave the internal settings alone. It already comes drop in and go. cant be easier.

Cheers.. this is where you start understanding you get what you pay for. I dont send you a big question mark.

HTH

Julio

I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT! HURRY THE F UP TUESDAY hahaha(tuesday is when my duel nozzle kit comes :) :) ). Thanks again razor, you are the man! Dont worry about the confusion on shipping, no big deal. Just makes my A.D.D. kick in more thats all:biggrin: Have a great alky filled weekend!!

darkside

just another alkyholic checking in.....went from SMC to PAC, and it's trouble-

The car is addicted. Just can't seem to have enough methanol on hand.......:D

The new controller box, that has the LED, knob and test button now has a faceplate on it.

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 256
  • alky set.JPG
    alky set.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 251
Thanks for the enlarged pic showing how high the numbers go; I was wondering about that.
PS: just a tad over 1/2 way or #4 I guess gets it done on my set-up around 20 lbs. of boost.

I talked to Razor about upgrading from my old SMC kit and you guys sure talk like its the thing to do but I am still wondering if the investment over the old SMC is worth it. I wish someone would tell me its the right decision. Ive had the Alky kit for about 6 or 7 years wth no problems but I always used race gas at the track and no alky. Keep talkin Ill be convinced soon enough.

I talked to Razor about upgrading from my old SMC kit and you guys sure talk like its the thing to do but I am still wondering if the investment over the old SMC is worth it. I wish someone would tell me its the right decision. Ive had the Alky kit for about 6 or 7 years wth no problems but I always used race gas at the track and no alky. Keep talkin Ill be convinced soon enough.

2 pages and 70 replies.

What else is there to say ? :D

Even at double the price, I'd still be just as happy with Razor's kit. The customer service and massive knowledge base to pull from is worth the cost alone. I can't count how many times I see someone post a question asking how to tune or troubleshoot some other kit (SMC, Snow, Cooling Mist, etc...) only to be left unanswered and holding their dicks.

It also seems the overwhelming majority of the fastest Buicks on the boards are all running Razor's Alky kit and Eric's chips.
That alone speaks volumes. :cool:

And...don't forget, you can put your old SMC kit up for sale and probably get a few bucks for that too...

1)Race gas= 6.25 a gal (well, up here) at the pump
Lasts for not too long :D
Not too stealthy smelling
Availability = ?

6 tanks of race gas pays for the alky kit.

I had the SMC kit, annd it worked pretty well. I got the bogs when the injector went from full off to full on. The PAC kit is smooth and drama free, and simple to use. Razor has pretty much taken the guesswork out of making moderately stupid power out of the 3.8.

Trust me- you try it, you won't go back to race gas.

HMMMM What do you think a round bottle SMC kit is worth in perfect condition? I think it has to go...

Why not use both at the track if you are nervous. The alky provides a tremendous cooling effect... that race gas won't give you. You will be double safe if you run both...... but once you run alky and pump gas.... and tune for it.... you will likely decide (unless you are on the ragged edge).... that you are perfectly content with pump gas and alky. Down to the low 10's (currently).... I think you can't beat it.

Why not use both at the track if you are nervous. The alky provides a tremendous cooling effect... that race gas won't give you. You will be double safe if you run both...... but once you run alky and pump gas.... and tune for it.... you will likely decide (unless you are on the ragged edge).... that you are perfectly content with pump gas and alky. Down to the low 10's (currently).... I think you can't beat it.

what a great idea; you should do some testing! write it down, all the info you can or have available about your runs. Then get razors and change nothing else, then see what happens. After you will be able to answer your own question.

as for me, i spent the cash and upgraded to razors myself. IT COMES IN LESS THEN 24HRS WHAT THE F AM I GOING TO DO for the next 24hrs!!! :) I can not wait for this to come; i can not wait to have juilo help with his knowledge base, not to mention as someone else said the free tech support he ALWAYS gives. For me its even better because he runs F.A.S.T. just like I do and will be able to again, guide me through some problems i might have. While at the same time, i could just throw him a copy of a run tell him what happend and he could suggest something.

razors and F.A.S.T. i think are going to become gooood friends soon. These two new friends will be drunk has hell from all the alky they drink. Soon they will make the drunken phone call. They'll call their hoe the new T66 DBB and take her for a ride...and she'll like it!!! OOO hahaha.

one very happy darkside!

well it came!

ggggg dam what a nice looking kit! The pump is bigger then my walbro pump:biggrin: Everything looks top quality to perfection, just as I was hoping for! Sure glad I got the dual nozzle kit, but my turbo would like to thank you as well. It never got a buzz off that 91 bs it was drinking. My t66 needs the strong alky to get going :) :) the dual nozzle razors kind! What a slick kit Juilo. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

RAZOR thanks again....you will be hearing from me and reading my data logs soon :D

well it came!

ggggg dam what a nice looking kit! The pump is bigger then my walbro pump:biggrin: Everything looks top quality to perfection, just as I was hoping for! Sure glad I got the dual nozzle kit, but my turbo would like to thank you as well. It never got a buzz off that 91 bs it was drinking. My t66 needs the strong alky to get going :) :) the dual nozzle razors kind! What a slick kit Juilo. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

RAZOR thanks again....you will be hearing from me and reading my data logs soon :D

Where's the update? :cool:

thanks