Not much boost.

Gn Guy

Was at the track for the first time Friday. Pathetic times, no power on top end. Had 5 lbs. boost first time. Adjusted waste gate rod as short as possible and got to 10lbs. and no more. Checked hoses from dual waste gate controller and seemed ok. I have my boost gauge inline( t-d)with the hose that goes to the factory boost controller. I have upgraded turbo, ported throttle body and changed to adjustable waste gate controller. To say I am somewhat dismayed is putting it lightly:confused:. Last year with stock turbo I was a second faster. I currently have the slowest Grand National in Canada. Please help. Thanks

What else did you change? Chances are you have a leak at the wastegate.

Cat has been off for ages. upgraded turbo and added the adjustable wastegate over the winter. Ecm upgrade a couple of years ago. Could it be a bad wastegate controller?

This is my stock wastegate unit. We just threaded it to make it adjustable. If I recall my boost was about 5 lbs. I might have the boost gauge in the wrong spot. I have it t-d in the line that branches to the boost unit on driver's side. How do you test if the wastegate is shot?If its shot it will have excessive boost. Are you sure the flapper is covering the hole in the turbine housing?