Not making good hp numbers?

QwuickTurbo6

Well with the TT chip with stock settings for alky and around 21-22 psi the car only managed a 12.4 @ 108.5 (1.85 60'). Granted the air/fuel was around 10.0:1 maybe 10.2:1 at the traps, I thought the mph should be much higher with my combo. I noticed the direct scan files show it making peak power around 4700-4750 rpm while it shifts around 5400rpm. I'm thinking valvesprings might be killing upper rpm power? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds normal to me for that rich and that boost. :smile:

Crank it to 24/25 psi. and here comes the 11's. :cool:

I'd lean it out a bit (no KR allowed) at your current boost level however first.

I was hoping it was normal. I just thought those boost numbers would give me something in the teens for a mph. I guess 10.0:1 compared to 11.0:1 a/f makes that big a difference?

Sneak up on that tune a bit more, and work on that 60' time. It's a solid eleven second car, waiting to happen.:cool:

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

I guess 10.0:1 compared to 11.0:1 a/f makes that big a difference?
You guessed correct. Id bet that is worth almost 2 mph not accounting for any other increases in timing or better air.

87 mph in the 1/8. Thanks for the responses guys. Guess i just got a lot of tuning to do.

car is only picking up 21.

Have you tried locking the converter? If its lockable..

Another thing is look at your boost after you launch and make sure its 21 all the way down th etrack. A buddy of mine would run 17 PSI and when it hit 3rd would go to 21 PSI.. his car would et crap. And he said its running 21 cuase he only looked at it through the traps.

Tried opening the dump/cutout?

Add some timing?

car is only picking up 21.

Have you tried locking the converter? If its lockable..

Another thing is look at your boost after you launch and make sure its 21 all the way down th etrack. A buddy of mine would run 17 PSI and when it hit 3rd would go to 21 PSI.. his car would et crap. And he said its running 21 cuase he only looked at it through the traps.

Tried opening the dump/cutout?

Add some timing?

Locking the converter sounds like it might help me out. I have trapped ~112mph before with an old 12" unlocked. Now I have a new PTC 10" that is a lot less efficient unlocked(DS file showed around 5400rpm with a 28" tire at only 108mph). I guess I can manual lock it from second gear. Do you think that is a good idea?

You have to tune with the dump open. It makes more boost and moves more air.

Yes try locking it when it hits second, or try locking at 80 MPH.