No Start

MARINES185

AFTER REPLACING THE WATER PUMP ON MY CAR , I FOUND THAT
IT WOULDN'T START. ALL FUSES ARE OK, ALL SENSORS ARE
PLUGGED IN. IS NOT GETTING SPARK AND PRETTY SURE NOT
GETTING FUEL BECAUSE THE PLUGS ARE DRY. IS GETTING FUEL
TO THE RAIL. DID I POSSIBLY DISTURB THE CAM SENSOR WHILE
CHANGING THE WATER PUMP? HOW DO I TEST IT? THANKS

I'll try..Its very possible you disturbed the cam sensor. The best way I know of is using a Caspers cam sensor tool. Maybe someone local has one you can borrow. Or you can buy one. They are handy. Do a search on cam sensors and I'm sure someone will have explained how to check it without the tool. HTH.

Your really taxing my memory here.....

The caspers tool is really just a light .........

You can use a volt meter.......just fine.....

Turn the crank to tdc.....then 25 degrees past tdc.....(to tdc of #6).....thats measure as 1.54 inches of distance on the outside of the balancer.....a peice of tape marked at 1.54 inches works fine then align it with the balancer notch......then turn it after till your taped line aligns with timing cover marker.....

Now with the key in the on position.......probe the blue wire on the cam sensor........(You might need a third hand at this point)with the cam sensor loose...........turn it clockwise......then while probing the bue (middle) wire......turn the cam sensor back counter clockwise.......there should be a point where you will see.....0 volts change to 6.9/7.0 volts......then back to 0 volts.....while turning counter clockwise......the point when it goes from 7 to 0 is where you want to set it......as you turn counter clockwise and see it.....you have to stop turning and go back clockwise to set it on the 0/7 volt edge......

!
thats the point your try to set.....