No start, no spark...

adowningusa

Good evening folks.

Here's where I am at.

Car won't start. I have fuel pressure but no spark. Haven't checked the fuel injectors to see if they are getting signal.

What I have swapped to see if anything would change is:
  1. Crank sensor
  2. New Casper's cam sensor (so I could make sure timing is correct later on when I start to modify).
  3. Ignition Module
  4. Coil Pack
  5. Chip

The SES light comes on, voltage is present at the appropriate sensors, and there were no codes when it wouldn't start.

Help me please!!!

Thanks again and God Bless
    Alan Downing

Well crap! You did evreything. LOL!

No spark is usually crank sensor or no power to the ignition module.

Check the pink and black wires on the module with the key on. They should both have 12vdc.

TurboBuRick- got juice to both of them. Getting ready to download the info from Vortex Bucik and use their chain and see what I get.

Will Post more as I get it figured out!

Thanks.

is the ecm wire pluged in between the battery and the over flow tank?

Its the Orange wire.

Shaun

Ok... got spark. YES!!!! crank sensor that I had swapped apparently was crap too.

I did work with the cam sensor. I put a caspers cap on. I installed it per their instructions. Was careful to get the engine on top dead cented of #1 compression, turned the sensor counterclockwise til the light came on, and locked er down.

Now all I have to do is put new plugs in tomorrow and it should fire right up. The ones currently in there are soaked with fuel.

Thanks guys, and I will let you know the outcome when I get the plugs bought, gapped at .035 and installed. Might be a day or too!!!

Alan

Update- got the plugs in. Old ones were soaked. But....

Car still wouldn't start. So I check for spark and there is none. Well I immediately head to the crank sensor and lo and behold, it's not functioning again. Take it off and look at it only to find that the metal plates had rubbed the sensor bad. I set the gaps right. So I checked the torque of the bolt and it was ok.

I have never seen those plate move, but is that possible? I looked at the sensor that was in there that I had laying around and it has the same marks on it. BUT... the original one that I took out did not.

Thoughts???

Thanks
Alan