No scan tool yet, will volt meter work ?

1980monteturbo

Turbowtie
Hi to all
I dont have a scan tool yet but was wondering if any readings could be made with a volt meter through pins on the ALDL port. If so what can I measure. ( o2, tps,...?? ) . Im hoping to find a way to monitor O2's at the track.
Also , can someone fwd me the link to the diagram of the ALDL port pin functions, I want to do the paperclip trick to l/u the tc. I lost the bookmark to a link with diagrams of all three connectors pin functions.
thanks
ss.

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson. Please keep test lights, any analog volt/ohm meter, and paper clips AWAY from this car! There are lots of little "tricks" that can be done to this car electronicaly, but only if you really know the system well. Scantools, and most digital volt meters are the ONLY safe meters to use on these cars. A test light or wrong meter can destroy circuits faster than you can imagine. Thanks for listening, hopefully. Ron

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson. Please keep test lights, any analog volt/ohm meter, and paper clips AWAY from this car! There are lots of little "tricks" that can be done to this car electronicaly, but only if you really know the system well. Scantools, and most digital volt meters are the ONLY safe meters to use on these cars. A test light or wrong meter can destroy circuits faster than you can imagine. Thanks for listening, hopefully. Ron

Thanks GUNTER
I have a digtal volt meter. Beats using my tongue to test. Oh, the pain... the pain of it all! :D

thanks