Scan tool, finally, but I have no idea what any of it means

pjnutt

ok, I'm pretty excited. After 4 years of owning my car, 2 summers driving, I finally own a scan tool. I picked up a Direct Scan and have my old laptop running it. Here's what the scan picked up after a couple WOT runs down the road.

TPS .32
MAF 255
IAC 151
Inj PW 14.82
Spark Advance 49.2
Knock Rtd .2
Knock Ct: 1

A/F Ratio 4.5 : 1
O2 Voltz 404 mV
O2 X-cnt 1
BLM 129

I am also getting Trouble Codes:
24 Vehicle Speed Sensor
42 EST Monitor Error
55 ECM Analog/Digital Convertor Failure.

The car definitely doesn't seem to be running like it had earlier in the summer. It used to pull 18 pounds of boost, now will only do 12. I toasted the trans, and had that rebuilt. It doesn't shift as hard as it used too. As far as I know, the car is stock aside from a ADJ FPR. I purchased a new Turbonetics Cheetah Turbo and have a 3" downpipe which have not been put on the car yet. I figure if I am going to do those two, I might as well get some new injectors and a chip from turbotweak at the same time. My car feels like a dog, and I need to fix it. Any input anyone has would be great!

Thanks,
PjNutt

I would suspect that the connection that the DS is making with the board isn't quite good enough yet, throwing that many codes!!

If that was a WOT run, why the .32 TPS? a good idle value of TPS should be .40 +/-.04

Don't worry about A/F ratio, DS can't read that.

Are you sure that was a WOT run? Spark advance 49.2!! :eek: :confused:

ok, I'm pretty excited. After 4 years of owning my car, 2 summers driving, I finally own a scan tool. I picked up a Direct Scan and have my old laptop running it. Here's what the scan picked up after a couple WOT runs down the road.

TPS .32
MAF 255
IAC 151
Inj PW 14.82
Spark Advance 49.2
Knock Rtd .2
Knock Ct: 1

A/F Ratio 4.5 : 1
O2 Voltz 404 mV
O2 X-cnt 1
BLM 129

I am also getting Trouble Codes:
24 Vehicle Speed Sensor
42 EST Monitor Error
55 ECM Analog/Digital Convertor Failure.

The car definitely doesn't seem to be running like it had earlier in the summer. It used to pull 18 pounds of boost, now will only do 12. I toasted the trans, and had that rebuilt. It doesn't shift as hard as it used too. As far as I know, the car is stock aside from a ADJ FPR. I purchased a new Turbonetics Cheetah Turbo and have a 3" downpipe which have not been put on the car yet. I figure if I am going to do those two, I might as well get some new injectors and a chip from turbotweak at the same time. My car feels like a dog, and I need to fix it. Any input anyone has would be great!

Thanks,
PjNutt
yes i would say your tps at wot needs to be 4.50 or higher

Tps @ Wot

Well, I had someone ride shotgun with me to check the TPS. It was about 4.2 at WOT. I also replaced my hoses and the car is back to running in the 16-18 range.

Is the TPS around a correct value now?

I think it's time to do some more moddin :D

PjNutt

Make sure that your floor mat was not in the way when you check WOT readings, and anything over 4.0 WOT is fine.

Ds

You shouldn't need someone to ride with you to read Direct Scan. The instruction will tell you how to record and save your runs. That's the beauty of it.