No Alky Pump on Test Button

nightrain

I'm the other nightrain..
I have Razor's kit. When trying to prime the pump after it's been sitting awhile, the pump won't run when pressing the test button. The red LED comes on, but the engine won't stumble at all. Disconnected hose doesn't show anything coming out either during a test. But, the pump runs full bore when I jumper the wires at the MAP, so I know the pump works. Which wire or connection should I look at first? Hoping this is a common issue someone else ran into. It worked fine when first installed two years ago up until recently. Thanks!

What's the Gain test at? What's the Initial set at? Check the filter. Do you hear the pump at all with the Gain turned all the way up when Testing?

B

Put the gain knob on 8, push the test button. With teh engine running, it should spray. If the knob is on a low setting, like 3 it may not spray, unlessthe Initial inside the box is turned up.

About a year ago I had a customer with a Buick that had a broken fender extension.. his pump got water into it.. and would only run when you jumped the MAP sensor plug.

Technically.. if you get a meter and connect it across the red/black wires going to the pump.. when you press the TEST button, it should read 3.5-4.0 volts DC. If it reads 3.5-4.0 volts DC and no liquid comes out, pump has a problem. When you jump the MAP sensor, you'll see 12v on the motor.