nitrous...I want it

grocerygetter

Alright...so...hypothetically here...a 35-50 shot, wet, once the car is settled in 2nd gear would be spectacular. Should I do this or add octane and turn the boost up to 30? I want to pick up 2 to 3 tenths. ;) I'm at 27psi now on 93 octane, clean. No detonation. Nice O2s.

This sounds like potentially the greatest future headgasket bomb ever. I'd rethink doing all this on Pump 93 and Alky. Here's what it looks like to conservative tuners like me.....

93 pump, Alky, 27psi and Nitrous to increase cylinder pressure 50hp?:eek:

Without knowing your timing, even if you ran at least straight 100 Octane with the Alky and made sure the fueling was in the high 10's at leanest when the Nitrous was on, this would be over the edge still IMO at 27psi.

Find some 110 leaded (Citgo, Phillips 66) in your area and then have at it with the Nitrous or just turn up the boost.

Octane is your designated driver, don't party without him. :cool:

the original NOS kits in 86/87 (single nozzle) worked awesome. You could hit it as soon as ya went full throttle !! BUT that was yesterday and yesterdays gone :p I'd play with Alky an turn up the boost. :biggrin:

Sounds like the motor is stock heads and cam

If you want more the next move is heads and cam. Doing this you'll be as fast probably at 20 psi.

Next move after this is bigger turbo and converter.

Not that I have anything against the nitrous, it's just your turbo can only move so much air through it. Especially the exhaust side. You try and move more air than the exhaust will flow, the head will lift and there goes the gasket. Its not lime you have a 71mm turbo with an .85 housing at 20 psi and you want to push the button. Vs having a 61 out of it's limits then trying to cram more air out of it

Hope this helps

yup, stock heads/cam. I told myself I wouldn't get heads until I lifted a head and had to do gaskets. lol Sounds like I should order heads and up the boost on the same day.

turning it up would be the simplest way,but if you do run the spray it makes the hit much sooner than the turbo and you wouldn't need to run 27psi to drop the 2 tenths.my car had a much quicker et with 20 psi and a 35 shot (23psi total)than it did with 26-27psi on the turbo.and i did run several times with pump gas alky up to a 50 shot just targeted 10.0 10.2 afr.rock solid afr with the wet shot.

If done right, nitrous with the turbo can be a very efficient combination. With the nitrous, you don't have to run as much boost, so you don't heat up the intake air nearly as much. With the nitrous helping to cool the charge, you end up with some mighty nice intake air temps. With the denser charge, head valve sizes become less important. You just need a head that will be strong enough not to bend under the maximus cylinder pressure.
I would at least throw a larger turbine housing on. .96 a/r would work just fine. Cutting down on exhaust back pressure, it would help the engine breath better, too.

What kind of times are your running right now?

on a 1.60 60ft it went 9.8 in 1kft @102...which should be a 11.60 in the quarter with the way the car was pulling down the strip. Couple other buick guys said the same. That's 93 octane, through the muffler, stock timing setting on Eric's alky chip.

My Bone stock GN (only with test pipe) with with 125hp NOS kit (the kit that the nossle in the throttle body inlet tube) went 11.90,stock chip ,boost turned down to 10psi on actuator (The NOS shoots it back up to 19-20lbs) street tires (M/T 28x10's) through full exhaust,I mounted a button on my steering wheel,That last yellow light comes down, Hit the Button an your Gone!! (heheh, left so hard one time the factory steering collum popped down on me)

Enjoy!

yeah...I thought about a bit bigger injector...I know there is a bit of adjustment left on the 50s because you can see it on the O2 #s.. This is a newer chip from Eric.

(heheh, left so hard one time the factory steering collum popped down on me)

Enjoy!

yup !!! your holding on to the wheel an then it just pulls down !! scares the hell out of ya for a second :biggrin: That was flying in 86/87 !! We were using 2/3 bottles a week :p

Imagine having the steering wheel do that to you while at the same time trying to recover from the car getting out of shape. Very scary. That happened once to me. Put a rod down the middle of the spring to control how low the steering wheel could go. No worries since. I highly recommend it.