Nissan GT-R kills it at the Nurburgring "Zero Competition"

ah, whats the 50/50 system. i thought they were using some new turbo with an adjustable vane or something. I like the car myself.

ah, whats the 50/50 system. i thought they were using some new turbo with an adjustable vane or something. I like the car myself.

Basically it means that the car isn't a full time awd car. So from a dead stop till up to 20 mph is the only time the awd is activated!!!!

Basically it means that the car isn't a full time awd car. So from a dead stop till up to 20 mph is the only time the awd is activated!!!!

One of us is misunderstanding what the 50/50 means. I've been told (by some folks that are supposed to be in the know) that in AWD parlance, 50/50 indicates the power split front to rear.
Sorta like the 80/20 that I read about on my MKT, 80% to front, 20% to rear.

I could have done without all the funky music and weird editing. There are people out there who hate the GTR and there are people who love it. I am very impressed with it. It can run with the super cars on the track for a fraction of the price. Turbo Buicks were doing the same thing back when they were new but they could only do it in a straight line. The GTR isn't for the average Joe. The maintenance is stupid expensive and they are completely reliant on the high tech electronics which can't be cheap fixes. I prefer the Buicks but if I was a millionaire I wouldn't mind owning a GTR. I would have bunches of Buicks though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You're comparing the lap times of a 600hp Nismo prepped GTR to the times of a stock ZR1 and ZO6... Tires, fuel, suspension that is track prepped and not just street setup, etc.

That's right i'm comparing the Nismo to the track ready Zo6 Z07 Package Vette and & the ZR1 which both of those Vettes cost around 125,000 or so.

That's right i'm comparing the Nismo to the track ready Zo6 Z07 Package Vette and & the ZR1 which both of those Vettes cost around 125,000 or so.
Some have something against corvettes?
Since you mentioned prices, and we all know a stock GTR cost $100k, how much does this all out nismo prepped cost?

I'm not sure at the moment but I'm going to assume about 130, I hope

Sent from my HTC One X using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

They need to make an awd corvette zr1. Awd helps huge on the ring. Watch when the zo6 is going in the turns and starts breaking the tires loose . Awd would decrease this immensely. The Gtr is bad ass for sure but at the end of the day its still a Nissan.

They need to make an awd corvette zr1. Awd helps huge on the ring. Watch when the zo6 is going in the turns and starts breaking the tires loose . Awd would decrease this immensely. The Gtr is bad ass for sure but at the end of the day its still a Nissan.
Like I mentioned earlier the GT-R is at 100 % rear wheel drive at those speeds. The awd is only Active at the start!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Actually the Gtr is front drive until it sees wheel slippage and then the rear wheels kick in. A guy I work with has one and told me this to.

A buddy of mine has a cousin, and his gf has a GTR. She said its actually a front ds only drive at start, and switches to 4 in the turns.

Just like a Corvette is a Chevy ;)