Nick Micale, Are you OK?

The engine and trans was removed last week, and today the donor GN gave up its frame and 1/2 of the body, plus many other parts as well.

The roof frame was also removed as this is a rust-free AZ GN. If anyone has use for this part to replace their rotted away T-top frame, it is available here at no cost.

Even though my body is still sore, I was able to offer a little help!

WH-2.jpg
WH-3.jpg
WH-4.jpg
WT-1.jpg

Putting the kids to work I see . it will be nice when she is back to normal. Make sure you save a spot in your shop for my TA stroker wink wink

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Glad to see he's fixing it.

Glad ur ok Nick, Sorry about the car , im sure the new one will be better than ever!!!!

Wow, you guys aren't screwing around. I sure hope it doesn't look like a WH1 when your done pol

I have done similar work on a couple of my cars. I am feeling empathy for the work ahead on the body...Glad you are back at it Nick.

Holy Batman, Nick I just ran up on your post. Man, I am glad you are OK. The labor of Love you put in that car was amazing. GLad to see that love go into the New Car...

Looks like your on top of things. There is a factory seam just under where the gentlemen in the photo is sitting....that's where I clipped mine and even from the underside you can not tell it was ever touched.
At the roof line I went to the factory seams on the inner quarters but spliced the outer just below the factory to avoid the leaded area.

Clipping at the windshield post makes the cleanest job but just like your situation the roof on my donor car was not usable.

Good to see you taking this in stride and continuing forward.

looks like a lot of work , I had mine all apart like that a few years ago. Did that steering box work for you?

WOW,Nick I'm glad your ok and didn't flip that car upside down!!If the filter failed at the end of the track,things could have been fatal..Get well Bro I'm sure you went to the local doc and got checked out?

Thanks guys for your supportive comments!

That car and I have had some great moments over the years, and of course lots of frustration too. ;)

My son has been instrumental in this project, and he will end up with a great race car!

Here is more work cleaning the frame on the bottom side.

FRAME BOTTOM.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering what he's going to build.