Nick Micale, Are you OK?

Hope nick doesn't mind me posting this.

Nick emailed me first thing this morning.

From nick,

At the track Saturday, I totaled my race car after hitting the wall when the car went out of control when launching. It then was thrown to the other wall on the left side. This was caused by oil which got on the tires.

I am sore as hell, but will be ok.

As for the details,
Zimmerman was behind nick when he was at the line, Zimmerman noticed the car spray oil just after nick launched the car.

Nick said he was in the right lane and launched hard like usual and the car made a hard right hitting the wall. The car made an immediate left and hit the wall at a 45deg. The car is totaled and is currently being taken apart.

After looking at the car the wix oil filter failed and caused the oil to hit the right rear tire. He said the last time he changed the oil he forgot to put his K&P filter back on as that would have saved this from happening.

He's doing some what ok today but it's going to take some time for him to heal. If want to contact him I would email as you can tell he's in pain and probably shouldn't be talking much.

A few pics of the car

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1458570617656.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458570624025.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458570626966.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458570629443.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458570635445.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458570638409.jpg

Yes he is. The car is a major loss for him so that will be the hard part. Keep him and his family in your prayers..

Get well soon......just visited him a few week back and he showed me his race car.....he is really proud of it as he should be. Again have a fast recovery....

Wow! Glad it wasn't worst. Any crash you can walk away from is a blessing! Get well Nick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Crap!!! That is terrible news. Glad he walked away. Rest up Nick, very sorry to see and hear this.

Yup. I got an Email from him this morning. Glad he's going to be OK.

He is pretty sore, but still up and around. It's hard to get him to slow down and heal.

We got the car out of the trailer yesterday, and into our garage for disassembly. The car (frame and body) is toast, looking like motor is fine will know in a few days when we can get it out.

Aaron Micale

Ouch. Now I know why I'm installing a roll bar. Get well soon!