NHRA finals at Pomona this weekend?

kirbdawg69

I hate my sceen name :(
Just seeing how many people are going? Its thrus-sun., i think it around $25-$55 depends on what day you are going. Should be alot of fun, i have never been to an event where they are racing top fuel dragsters and funny cars at the same time. Check out all the details at NHRA.com.

Your life will never be the same after seeing the pros live. I will be going on Friday.
Jeff

I'm going on Thurs. I got free passes from AAA Auto club. Also bringing an old fart friend of mine that has a handicap plack. So, We get to park up front.

Yea, I'm working this thing.:D

Mike Barnard

I got a great deal on ebay on Top Eliminator Club tickets. $200.00 (regularly $375.00) for all 4 days plus a special reserved parking lot, breakfast and lunch buffets on Sat and Sun, plus souvenirs etc.

There is nothing that compares to the feeling/adrenaline rush/sound of standing close to one of those top fuel dragsters or funny cars when they do their burnout and then launch... Hard to explain, but it's sort of like trying to explain an orgasm to someone who has never had one... Anyone who is into cars and/or racing has got to go to an NHRA event like this at least once in their life. 0-100 mph in under a second. 1/8 mile at about 265 mph... Unimaginable!

Yeah im really excited, got plans on going to it sunday. Had alot of fun at the arm drop live thing at barona last friday, but im thinking this will blow it out of the water!

Yeah im really excited, got plans on going to it sunday. Had alot of fun at the arm drop live thing at barona last friday, but im thinking this will blow it out of the water!

Bring ear plugs! One thing about Pomona that is different from most other tracks is that the fans are very close to the track. One year I was near the starting line and a top fuel car launched and blew both rear tires; the pieces showered the grandstand at the starting line.
Jeff

There is nothing that compares to the feeling/adrenaline rush/sound of standing close to one of those top fuel dragsters or funny cars when they do their burnout and then launch... Hard to explain, but it's sort of like trying to explain an orgasm to someone who has never had one... Anyone who is into cars and/or racing has got to go to an NHRA event like this at least once in their life. 0-100 mph in under a second. 1/8 mile at about 265 mph... Unimaginable!

Finally!
I finally know what happened at my first top fuel event as a spectator.

I was near the starting line with a pop in my hand when the guy did his burn out. As the sound deafened me and literally passed through me, I felt a nice tingle down below.
Looked down and my pants were all wet.
I figured I just spilled some soda on myself...
But now I finally know what really happened.
....Uh...sorry....
TMI?
:-O

I'll be there on Sunday. Please try not to stand in my personal space if you see me near the starting line.

Some free tickets are falling out of the sky.

Oh...the only thing I've felt that compared to being at the starting line while a top fueler does it's burn out is standing on a air craft carrier flight deck, 20 feet from an F-14 Tomcat at full zone five afterburner just before the catapult is triggered.

The sound just passes straight through your body and touches every part of you inside and out.

Pants stayed dry for the F-14's tho'!
Must have been for safety reasons...
:)

More people than usual today for a thur...Track temp was a factor. Tomorrow will be worse, but that's what beer is for:D

My ears are ringing. The left side of my face is sunburned, and I think I've developed "nytrocough".

Yea, it was a good day.:)

Mike B.

Went on sunday! First time ever going to one of these events, what a blast! It was how I invision heaven being like. I bought the "Top eliminator club" tickets and it was the best thing I have ever done! If you like drag racing and have never been then ITS A MUST! So loud!