Next time you think one of your vendors is bad...please read this

Welp, money can't buy you some noodles for your noggin.

Kinda feel bad for the dude, but shit could he not research the shit he needed to make it that?

You want to hit a record for fastest gtr but have no idea how to do it?

This is not a sarcastic question here, serious one actually. How much would all that work actually cost on a gtr? Is $250k a legitimate bill? Obviously the guy Sharif was yanking pretty hard on the dudes wallet, but $30k for minor stuff?!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Someone would die. I would strangle them until they stopped breathing. 250k:eek:. The Judge would probably let you off. The destroyed a 100k car. hacks

For the record I say do your homework on a guy before you lay out money but I have a similar story on a smaller scale. I was restoring my 72 Stage 1 four speed in 1992. I had new sheet metal hung, anything original was acid dipped and epoxy dipped. All in all I brought a flawless shell with no glass, interior or trim. The doors, hood and trunk, bumpers etc., were off and the car was blocked down ready for paint. I searched shops in the Ft. Lauderdale area and found two I liked. I chose the guy who was painting a 512 Ferrari, 39 Ford Phaeton and 1969 L-88 Vette. They were all spectacular body work and paint jobs. Real quality work. I even agreed to his $4000.00 price with no haggling, he was good. He calls me 10 days later saying he is done, bring the money and a flatbed to get it out of his shop, he needs the room. I show up and it looks like Maaco painted it, severe orange peel, runs, color mismatch of my Burnished Bronze on the hood (two batches as he did not order enough paint originally). To top it off he dropped the original acid dipped, acid epoxied hood on its pointed nose split and crushed it, then hammered it out migged it back together with no support and painted over the weld with no prep. He installed the hood hoping I would not notice but when I closed the hood it split along his weld about 4 inches. Upon closer inspection I saw where he welded and painted it on the underside. He insisted I brought it to him like that and he had to repair it. I had no proof I did not. We are getting really heated now, he demands his money and that I get the car out of there or he will leave it on the street and the hell with me. I already paid him half up front so he has nothing to loose. Now his brother and another guy are in this and it is three against one (I'm 6'2", weigh 240 and have been power lifting for 12 years at this point); I don't back down like they thought I would and grab him but really don't do anything else. The brother claims he is going to the office for his gun and the third guy wants no part of this. The guy agrees to fix it, give him a few days. I agree but make him sign something to that effect about my dissatisfaction. I stop by the shop twice a day and he makes the car look pretty good. Not the $4000.00 good we agreed to but acceptable. He accepts $3000.00 and I take the car.

Fast forward six months and I have the car at a local show where some guy walks up and tells he painted my Buick. I say, I don't remember him working for the shop and he says he doesn't. They farmed it out to him for paint costs and $600.00. I'm going nuts (head spinning and pea green soups spewing out of my mouth) but none of this is his fault really so get his name and number. I go back to the shop but they are closed up and gone. After some investigation I find out they took off with the 69 L-88 Vette and that owner never got it back. Never did find them again.

Moral of the story... Do a lot of homework before you drop off your baby anywhere.....

Mikey

Just spent almost 2 hours reading the thread and other threads on the 350Z forum. Seems the general consensus is $75k would have gotten what he wanted more or less. Why even bother is my question?? Just take the $250k and buy a Ferrari:) When its all said and done, its still an ugly Nissan.

Does make me feel a bit better about the amount of money I spend on my car though :D

I work down the street from Forged. I see several GTRs a day being test driven from I guess the employees. A cop pulled one over yesterday for hot rodding down a side street. The guy smoked the tires half way up the street.

Just spent almost 2 hours reading the thread and other threads on the 350Z forum. Seems the general consensus is $75k would have gotten what he wanted more or less. Why even bother is my question?? Just take the $250k and buy a Ferrari:) When its all said and done, its still an ugly Nissan.

Does make me feel a bit better about the amount of money I spend on my car though :D

^^^^This to the "nth" degree.

The sad thing is if you read through the GTRLIFE vendor reviews you will see a lot of people praising Shitif and Forged Performance. Crappy vendors are just not outed often......the way they should.

Yes even here people just take it in the ouch hole and say nothing. Just not to the tune of $250,000.

With such an expensive build. Red flags should have been raised as soon as excuses started to roll in. People need to do more research on who's getting there baby's .

The bottom line is he let that car leave his shop in that condition.....just saying an employee that did the work is no longer there makes him more guilty and is no excuse.

A friend of mine took his Barracuda in to a shop to be restored and gave them $25k and they never touched it an bailed on him. These companies should be for Ed to pay back these debts.

A good friend of mine dropped off a 1970 charger rt/se with 410 track pack, what ever that is I dont know. It was 440 sixpack with a 4 speed. This car had power windows and factory sunroof. He dropped this car off at a shop in Indiana back in 1995 . I pulled the drive train out of the car before he sent it out.They had the car for about a year, he was in touch with them most of the time about 6 months later he stopped by the shop because he was out that way.The shop was closed up and everything was gone. He gave them a lot of money including the car.They did ask him about the drive train the last time he talked to them.He told them I was going to install it for him. So they tried getting the drive train as well. To this day he hasn't seen this car. He still has the drive train sitting .

This same shop got a friend of my sons for a G37 build, fucked it up bad...lawsuit to get money back out of them...still lost a bunch of money. Post number 5 is the friend of my son. That guy shouldnt be touching anybody's car from what I have heard about him.

Bryan