Newby Signing In

robocop75

Hello all, I'm new to your community. Purchased an 87 GN this past weekend with 130k on the clock. Looks good inside and out other than front and rear bumpers fillers needing replacement. Seller provided me with new ones. Engine runs great but hasn't been driven much in the past year. The car is mostly stock. Upgrades include flowmaster mufflers, Poston chip, Poston dash cluster and an aftermarket radio. I printed out the "spring cleaning" checklist and will get started on it today. Please provide with any other tips and tricks I may need to know.

Mike

Zinc additive with every oil change. Cheap insurance against cam lobe wear.

All the above and find a local to lend you a hand/show you the ropes.

Get a turbotweak chip, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump with hotwire and follow checklist.

What problems will these upgrades prevent?

Stock fuel system was barely adequate on a stock car. Prevents you from going lean and hurting something. Eric's chips are hands down the best. Better driveability and performance. Also might consider a modern maf and translator. Better driveability also.

I have know ideal how much $$$$ that you're wanting to invest into your spring checklist, but you now own one hell of gold digger, a never ending money sucker. Definitely get rid of that Poston chip" that's the dinosaurs of parts for these cars ",and if you go with TT chip you probably need to change out those 130 K injectors .

I have know ideal how much $$$$ that you're wanting to invest into your spring checklist, but you now own one hell of gold digger, a never ending money sucker. Definitely get rid of that Poston chip" that's the dinosaurs of parts for these cars ",and if you go with TT chip you probably need to change out those 130 K injectors .
Agreed I might as well step up to some 60's.

Gold digger...LOL! Never heard that...but you're not wrong. :cool:

Hello, and welcome. I'm a few weeks old myself here. So ya, everything they said. There's a plethora of knowledge here for our cars.
Have fun.

A new chip for sure but if its running good just don't beat on it and if it wasn't abused before 130k is just nicely broken in. Pick a couple important things and do those. :)
Don't listen to these guys, everyone has a massive financial endowment left to them to work with. They'll have you spending $10s of $1,000s the first week. :LOL::LOL::LOL: